Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

Ban Jayson1 before I take a trip to BC & kick his teeth in!

(45 posts)
  1. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 1:10:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't private message me without reason again moron .... I don't need your nonsence .... sell it elsewhere

2. angie

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 12:29:32
    #

Login to Send PM

LOL!!!

3. JWhiteBBCTV

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 13:39:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I love a little anger during the course of the day. Makes the day go so much better.

4. Adele

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 13:50:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey KQ, que pasa?

uncharacteristic of you.....glad you like me though, LOL!!!!

5. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 13:53:45
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel your pain KQ..... I bet that we could just send him a bottle of mercury or some cyanide fumigation pellets to utilize in his home & save you a long trip

6. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 14:24:36
    #

Login to Send PM

At this point, I'd settle for contractions with apostrophes in the right place.

We all know that I'm a lousy speller; there's plenty of evidence of that in my posts.

I'm also monolingual enough that I am always very sensitive to folks on the boards who are communicating in a second language--since there are certain "mistakes" that are more likely when a person isn't writing in his or her native language. So I try not to harp on spelling and grammar that much on the boards since I know my day job makes me more attuned to those kinds of mistakes than most people. And I know that doing so can have a chilling effect on people who feel like their writing isn't that good because they'll be anxious to post for fear of being corrected.

But I just really don't understand the apostrophes in the wrong place. I mean, the apostrophes go into the break between the letters from the two words that form a contraction.

I understand problems with what's called the grocer's apostrophe (when people add an apostrophe s to the end of a word to form a plural when adding a simple s would suffice, as in "apple's for sale" as opposed to "apples for sale." I don't complain about that. Out loud. I do correct them in my head, but you know, it's my day job. It's hard not to.)

But it's I've, not Iv'e. The latter makes no sense. The word in question is a contraction of the words I and have, not ivy and something that ends in e. The apostrophe always goes where the break between words would be.

And for the life of me, I can't figure out any reason that a person would make that mistake. I've seen a lot of grammar errors in writing, but that one just makes no sense to me at all.

Boggled and confused buggyinsocal is boggled and confused.

7. Adele

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 14:37:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Buggy - what on earth are you talking about? are you referring to someone's post here? mine perhaps?!

I would say that correcting the grammatical errors in the postings here would be almost as endless as fighting bedbugs

too much time on your hands these days? don't you go on vacation during the summer breaks?

8. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 14:53:51
    #

Login to Send PM

From one of Jason1's posts:

In my case, I went from spraying every day, to spraying every second day, then once a week....and iv'e now just started bi-monthly. I may not have had to
    spray everyday, even at the beginning. With once a week spraying i'm getting the same results as I did when I was spraying everyday. We will see what happens with bi-monthly. Iv'e just started so too early to tell.

Also, i'm doing daily vacuuming....very important. And have done alot of chaulking of cracks/crevices, etc.

Anyway, here's the post....

First of all, i'm new here, so hello. I live in Vancouver, BC.

Iv'e had bedbugs since last last August/September, first starting out very mild, not many at all....with bites a couple times a week

See the Iv'e usage in there?

And sadly, it's not a matter of too much time. I have to prep classes for the fall, without knowing what they are (neat trick that). My university system is trying to lay off a ton of faculty, so there's a lot of organizing work to be done about that. And my own academic research to get done. Not to mention the weekly shifts in the writing center. And everyday stuff like cleaning the apartment, working out, grocery shopping.

The thing is when you do for a living what I do, you correct grammar as you read. It doesn't slow my reading down any more, and it's an always on feature. I continually correct the grammar in advertisements, radio broadcasts, published work.

It's just that most of those errors slot into identifiable categories: pronoun number agreement, subject verb agreement, article errors because the first language lacks articles, commonly confused words like affect and effect or homophones like there, their, and they're.

The random apostrophe in the wrong place is one I've simply never, ever seen before in tens of thousands of student papers. Not even once.

If pushed, I would guess that it's a fluke of typing that's become habit or it was incorrectly entered into the spell check custom dictionary at some point in the past. Otherwise, I've got nothing.

And the thing is, it's consistent across Jason1's posts. Over time. Some of them are totally free of it, but it crops up frequently in his posts. And I just don't understand where it comes from. When I can't understand why something is happening--no matter what the field, that thing will drive me nuts until I figure it out.

(For instance, there's a regular attendee of one of the aerobics classes that I've gone to for years. She's good at aerobics and has been a member of the gym for far longer than I have. But she's always a beat or two off the choreography. It was only after I'd heard her speak and noticed the distinct speech patterns that come with being hard of hearing or deaf that I realized she probably has a hearing related disability of some sort, so she can't necessarily hear the music clearly. If she's not facing the front of the room, she can't see the instructor to stay on the beat that way. It drove me nuts for years trying to figure that one out.)

There is no way to shut my brain off. It analyzes everything everywhere I go. I joke with my students that if I were trapped on a desert island with only a cereal box to read, by the time I was rescued, I'd have completed in my head a literary analysis of the prose on the cereal box.

So it goes.

9. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 14:57:45
    #

Login to Send PM

DougSummersMS - 1 hour ago  » 
    I feel your pain KQ..... I bet that we could just send him a bottle of mercury or some cyanide fumigation pellets to utilize in his home & save you a long trip

Finally something that works!

Other than the whole pesky going mad and dying stuff.

Jim

10. Jason1

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 16:02:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I got quite a bit of enjoyment out of this thread today, thanks folks.

Seriously, some funny stuff

Since I have rid myself (so far) of my bed bug problem, i'm in a much better frame of mind, so I can laugh when someone threatens to kick my teeth in, lol.

But I did need this humour today as the stock market is UP, yet my day-trading stocks tanked at the close hate it when that happens.

PS, buggyinsocal, I didn't realize that....thanks for pointing it out. No one has ever mentioned it to me before!

11. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 18:55:51
    #

Login to Send PM

buggyinsocal - 3 hours ago  » When I can't understand why something is happening--no matter what the field, that thing will drive me nuts until I figure it out.

Welcome to the club.

It's a lot busier around here than it used to be. I think someone has been secretly scaring the ostriches. I have a personal theory which I have duly extrapolated to the world that its the net effect of the disposal of lots of useless sonic devices. I could be wrong but I am sticking too it and making lots of large omelettes in the process.

Sometimes we just need to let of the steam before we get scolded and sometimes the cure is a lot more complex than the medicine alone.

David

12. Adele

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 19:48:10
    #

Login to Send PM

aaahh David - where would we be if we did not have the benefit of your wisdom, insights, and posted comments.......

13. Adele

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 19:49:29
    #

Login to Send PM

personally I prefer the tin foil hat theory. If it could work on the movie "Signs" to scare off aliens - it could work for bedbugs

14. MyWorstFear

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 15 2009 20:07:14
    #

Login to Send PM

David, glad to see you survived that intense bed bug job that no one else wanted to tackle! Not to hijack this thread, but could you post about that? I'm sure it'll give us all nightmares, but I still want to know!

15. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 3:36:15
    #

Login to Send PM

MyWorstFear - 6 hours ago  » 
    David, glad to see you survived that intense bed bug job that no one else wanted to tackle! Not to hijack this thread, but could you post about that? I'm sure it'll give us all nightmares, but I still want to know!

Hi,

I will post more about it when we know the building is under control. It is a bold project this one covering 200 studio apartments spread over almost 20 floors. Next week sees the staff training portion of the project kick off which is a mammoth task in istelf and one of the main reasons why my posting level is down at present.

I also have another amusing one to share, a domestic property I went to see. They thought it was a mild case present for a few weeks but it turned out to be a little more advanced with a duration closer to 2 years. In short the whole house had become infected and there were even signs on items that had come in on items from other family members homes showing the issue had already spread beyond the one property.

I had to be harsh and insist of open communication with the adjoining neighbour who despite the tens of thousands of bugs on the other side of the bedroom wall only had 2 that had arrived in the last few weeks. They were grateful for the diagnosis and extremely pleased that the usual silence was broken and that the issue could now be tackled.

Both very different cases and extremely time consuming in their own ways. Once I get a little more clear from the workload I will try and create some case notes to share.

I think however its fair to say that most of what I consider a normal days work would be the worst nightmare for many of the readers of this forum and that probably includes a good proportion of the PCO's.

But I will say Adele is only partly correct, tin foil hats have a lot to answer to but its those nasty nanophages I really worry about. At least with GW out of the big house we are less likely to all be nuked as a cure to bed bugs in the white house. I had him on my list of people most likely to say "no I did not hit the fire button it jumped up towards my finger". Well good sir we salute you and your political succinctness with a different finger, in fact many of us are generous enough to spare you two and a few have offered a whole fist but not to punch you with.

Some days this remind me of a cartoon I saw in a small pub in about 1991, pre interweb so it has not made it into the cosmic trash can that is Google. It was a wanted poster recruiting perimeter patrolers for the flat earth society (I will happily give a prize of a copy of my book to anyone who can find an online copy or if anyone is willing to trawl through the pubs of Kegworth in Leicestershire to see if its still there).

I am also looking for copies of a modern graphic novel cartoon book about a team of post apocalypse pest controllers called the exterminators which I may have to have a chat with the artist over since I am told by the 18-28 year olders that I look like, especially since I had my hair shaven short recently.

Well the spandex suit is now out of the dryer, I have clean boxers to wear on the outside of then and after a few more espresso shots I might be in a fit state to head out for another day of bug busting.

Keep well.

David

16. klotztheatre

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 8:22:47
    #

Login to Send PM

ahhh David,
    I just had to add...That instead of GW, we now have Obama...who actually resembles a bed bug to me... He is good at sucking the life out of you without you noticing *winks*

17. DragonFlight

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 8:46:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Whoa, why did this message have to go public ? This could have been mentioned in a polite way as in do not message me privately, Instead it resorted to a aggressive thread subject and tone.

18. bugbattler

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 10:24:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Buggy - I can explain the typo thing. I think there is a natural tendency to alternate hands (right, left, right, left). The need to consciously resist this is more apparent when typing words that are close to this pattern.

The keystrokes for I've are right, right, left, left; the keystrokes for Iv'e are right, left, right, left. The only reason I notice this is because my name is allen (left, right, right, left, right) and I forever type alel (and then I stop there & backspace & think about what I'm doing).

I've never read any of Jason's posts (or received any messages), but he gets cheers from me for taking this thread in stride

19. Triomphatrice des punaises

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 12:58:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Could be typed on blackberry or iphone. People often don't bother when they use handhelds.

20. Jason1

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 15:10:17
    #

Login to Send PM

It's ok, as I said in my message yesterday, I really got a good chuckle out of this thread, and I really needed it after what happened to my day-trading stocks at the close. Things looking good today however....but still an hour to go until the markets close.

And also, as I told someone else, I have a way of "pushing buttons" at times, so I have to take some responsibilty for MY actions, too.

It's all good....and my teeth are better than ever....all intact

DragonFlight - 6 hours ago  » 
    Whoa, why did this message have to go public ? This could have been mentioned in a polite way as in do not message me privately, Instead it resorted to a aggressive thread subject and tone.

21. Jason1

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 15:11:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, lol.

bugbattler - 4 hours ago  » 
    Buggy - I can explain the typo thing. I think there is a natural tendency to alternate hands (right, left, right, left). The need to consciously resist this is more apparent when typing words that are close to this pattern.
    The keystrokes for I've are right, right, left, left; the keystrokes for Iv'e are right, left, right, left. The only reason I notice this is because my name is allen (left, right, right, left, right) and I forever type alel (and then I stop there & backspace & think about what I'm doing).
    I've never read any of Jason's posts (or received any messages), but he gets cheers from me for taking this thread in stride

22. Jason1

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 15:15:35
    #

Login to Send PM

I think i'm just lazy is all, hehe.

I'v'e, err, i've no clue why I do it.

Believe it or not, I got very good marks in english, at school.

Mostly people have commented on my "dots" that I use all the time....and so on....

bugbattler - 4 hours ago  » 

23. BBsonme

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 18:52:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Two things -- 1. This is a great site. 2. I'd say Jason1 has become a sort of celebrity/folks hero to some and a nemesis to others. I just want to solve my bed bug problem, came across this thread by putting PCO in the tagline.

Bugsy I did have one question for you, what is thermal treatment? Gosh I hope I don't have any typos (LOL). I think the typo issue is minor, more annoying are the grammatical errors found on treatment web sites.

24. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 19:47:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Bugbattler
    First of all, thanks for the info on typing. I'm a pretty fast typist, but I never took a typing class, so my patterns of typing are, I assume, pretty unorthodox. The left right thing makes sense to me, though. Probably because over time I've noticed that certain passwords I picked had to be changed quickly because they were "uncomfortable" to type. I bet it's a left right thing and I just didn't realize it. So thank you for satisfying my curiosity.

Jason1,
    I don't have any good jokes to make about use or overuse of the ellipsis, which is what that three dot punctuation is called. There are many jokes among English teachers about the overuse of the semicolon. Victorianists in particular have a reputation for overusing that punctuation mark. All I can tell you is big sci fi geek though I am, it makes me crazy that the one at the beginning of Star Wars is wrong. (I know, I know. Clearly this is on that list of things that makes people suggest I need to get out more, but I'll spare you all my rant about why signs in stores that say "ten items or less" make me want to get out a giant red Sharpie and fix them. Like I said. I do this in my sleep at this point.)

At any rate, I am aware that my own personal standards for grammar are far higher than the average person, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. On the other hand, I do speak in front of hundred of students a day during the school year, and I try very hard to model correct formal grammar for them since clearly I can't count on much of the rest of the world to do it. When I'm in class, it's easy for me to emphasize that I don't expect them to talk like that in their off time. But I do want them to be proficient in writing that way so that when they write cover letters they know the rules of formal grammar because you never know how much of a grammar curmudgeon that HR person is going to be.

BBonme,
    Thermal, like Vikane, is, if done properly, a one time treatment. It involves pest control pros bringing in equipment to raise the temperature inside a structure in order to kill bed bugs. It's a tricky thing to do properly; the temperature needs to be raised at a particular speed so as not to cause the bugs to flee from your residence. But when done properly, it bakes all the bed bugs and eggs until they are dead. It tends to be a bit more expensive up front than chemical treatment, but having been through thermal, I understand why. You're incurring a lot more labor costs. I had three PCOs arrive at my apartment at 8 am. One was gone within about an hour, but the other two were there all day until late afternoon.

And, again, I'll tell you the same thing I tell my students about grammar. All of us, me included, make careless mistakes in grammar at some point. We all have typos. And my spelling is lousy.

It's only when the same mistake is made over and over again that people who know about writing think maybe you don't understand that grammatical issue. And like I said above, the thing with a lot of common grammar mistakes, I understand why people make them. Mostly with the apostrophe in the wrong place thing, I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. And when I can't figure out where it's coming from, I have a hard time letting go until I do understand. The typing explanation? Totally makes sense.

25. cantstandbedbugs

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 21:32:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Jason1,

Ok, I've been reading this thread and biting my tongue not to post but I just have to. I think you are a great sport and you are indeed cool, calm and collect. Gosh they ripped you a new one on this thread. I feel so bad for you. I mean it's one thing to comment on the advise you give regarding Bedbugs but to go make a whole long a$$ post about your grammar.

BuggyinSoCal was it really necessary to dissect Jason1 post and comment on every little mistake ? I mean are you his teacher or his boss? What does his grammar have to do with bedbugs? This site is suppose to be about bedbugs right or am I missing something. I understand you can't help yourself because of what you do for a living. But to quote his post and point out his mistakes, I think that was done in poor taste and you know there are better ways for you to let him know what bothers you so much about his grammar. For a person that has so much education I would think you would've handle that more tactfully .

Personally, and I don't think I'm alone on this one, I could careless about someone's grammar, spelling etc. when it comes to reading a post just as long as I can understand what is being said and just as long as it has something to do with the subject at hand which in this case is BEDBUGS. I don't see what the problem is. Also by criticizing someone's grammar on an open forum, that will only deters others from posting and perhaps getting answers to there questions because of fear of being put on blast or being scrutinize by asking a simple question and they won't get the help they need then what would be the point of coming to this forum? Must you go on and on and on and on and on about grammar on a bedbug forum ,enough already. Now that's annoying.

26. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 22:19:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I think context matters.

Jason1 was clearly not troubled by KQ's outburst, nor by buggy's rant. I note that Jason is someone who seems to know his own mind and is confident despite how many may disagree with him.

We don't normally allow posts where people issue bodily threats. But since I knew Jason was not troubled by it (I checked) AND I knew KQ was not really a threat, and since others had gone on some subsequent tangents here that still others seemed to enjoy on some level, I left the thread up.

It might be unusual to rant about grammar on a bed bug website, but it's also unusual to have a three page thread (as is Jason's popular one). That's a lot of posts and perhaps buggy just had to get it off her chest.

Looks to me like people are letting off steam. I'd take buggy at her word -- she has rarely (if ever) criticized anyone here before, despite whatever agonies she might have felt in the past. You're probably safe writing as you will. Buggy is likely to give you wonderful support and advice despite your surface error quirks. (And look, she even employed a sentence fragment!)

I note there have been a lot of political grumblings of late, which are also off-topic, and often things I find personally distasteful, but as long as we try to mark OT posts as such, they're not such a bad thing. People spend a lot of time here, so conversations just kind of end up happening.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  27. Adele

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 16 2009 23:27:58
    #

Login to Send PM

cantstandbedbugs

I know you have not been on the forums as long as I have - I think I joined 1 month before Buggyinsocal - but I can tell you however annoying her post dissecting Jason's grammar may be - she is without a doubt one of the most conscientious, caring and thoughtful posters here

Don't judge her postings based on that one outburst because in all the time I've read her postings (and yes some of them are annoying long like reading War & Peace) she is very empathetic & knowledgeable and genuinely tries to be helpful

Just know that she does not need me to defend her but I felt compelled to do so

just wanted you to know

nobugs - I can also attest to the fact that KillerQueen is actually quite harmless.....

28. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 10:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Cantstandbedbugs,

No, it wasn't necessary. But it's also not necessary that you read my posts or my comments to other people.

I quoted his post to cite evidence of the particular mistake in question. I picked that particular comment, but there were plenty of other examples of the mistake. And in the process, I learned something useful and interesting about typing mechanics that might actually help explain plenty of other mistakes I come across in my work. Jason1 himself has said that he didn't realize he was doing it, and he hasn't said anything to me about having been deeply emotionally wounded by the comment. I have no plans to correct anyone else's grammar (in print) any time soon, and I certainly didn't see it as as threatening as a physical threat, whether that threat was intended as a joke or not.

If you think that people with lots of education are generally more tactful than people who have less formal education, you haven't spent terribly long around academics. My experience is that generally academics are some of the least tactful people on planet earth. Believe it or not, I'm one of the better socially-adjusted people in my department. I take the time to assess whether a criticism is likely to sound harsher than I mean it to, which is more than many of my colleagues worry about.

However, there's a difference among criticizing, mocking, and attacking. If you read my post carefully, you'll note that I commented on Jason1's apostrophe issue as a criticism, not to mock it or attack him personally. Trust me, if I were mocking or attacking, people would know it. I don't think anyone here has ever seen my full, angry broadside of attacks launched at someone who went over the line. And probably, no one ever will. It's not pretty, and it's reserved for particularly egregious violations of community norms.

I also only mentioned it after weeks of seeing the same mistake over and over again. And I'm pretty sure I've never said word one about anyone else's grammar in the forum. Because, as I wrote above:

And I know that doing so can have a chilling effect on people who feel like their writing isn't that good because they'll be anxious to post for fear of being corrected.

I am perfectly aware that if I say anything about grammar, people clam up. Heck, I don't even have to mention grammar. When people ask me what I teach and I answer that I teach English, plenty of people get noticeably self-conscious about their verbal grammar just talking to me. I have to remind them that when I'm off duty, I won't randomly correct them--at least, not out loud. I can't shut off the autocorrect feature in my brain, but I don't voice every grammar correction I hear. Most of the time I bite my tongue when my friends and even people I've dated (although predictably that one didn't last long) used the past tense instead of the past participle with have in sentences or made other common grammar errors.

And like most teachers, I actually assess the character of the person I'm about to correct. If I thought in any way Jason1 couldn't have handled the comment, I wouldn't have said anything. But he himself admits that he likes to stir things up. Anyone who dishes that out ought to be perfectly capable of taking a little grammar correction in return.

I've posted responses and sent private messages to folks with more frequent and more significant grammar issues than Jason1. I've never mentioned grammar precisely because I got the sense that they would be uncomfortable with that feedback, and it wasn't relevant. They were people who were asking for help, and having asked for help, it would indeed be cruel to make them feel uncomfortable about how they were communicating when that communication is clearly not easy for them.

Given the way that Jason1's posts suggest that he sees himself as if not an authority than at least a plucky experimenter looking to help advance the options for bed bugs treatment, and given the sheer volume of his posts, he didn't strike me in any way as the sort of wilting flower who would crumple in fear if I pointed out one consistent grammar issue (which I suspect now based on bugbattler's explanation is actually a typing mechanics issue) that appeared over and over again in his posts.

In fact, his tone and content both suggest that he seems himself as a novice expert. Like many people, I use every tool available to me to evaluate whether a particular argument is convincing or not. If a website, blog, or testimonial lacks proper grammar and spelling, I'm far less likely to consider it a trustworthy source. If you're not able to take the time to proofread carefully when you're trying to sell me something, even if that something is only information, I'm going to be highly skeptical.

And he's said that it didn't bother him, so I'm not sure why it's bothering you so much. I mean, if I have ever said anything about your grammar, I'd love for you to point me to where I did so so that I can be sure I don't say anything accidentally or unconsciously ever again.

I guess for me posts that ask for help are exactly that--posts that ask for help. I don't hold them to the same standards of grammar and mechanics as I hold posts that claim to be putting forth a solution to something . If people want me to trust their proposed solutions, however, probably getting the grammar basics right would help improve their credibility in my eyes. I probably put a slightly stronger emphasis on that than most people, but I do generally find that principle to hold true even among people who aren't mean, nasty, elitist academics.

Everyone, myself included, makes careless grammar mistakes from time to time. There are some grammar issues on which there is little consensus about what's correct even among experts. However, when writers make consistent errors, those errors do detract from their overall credibility among many readers, and that's an important thing to remember when a person puts his or her ideas forward in any public forum.

29. Jason1

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 14:39:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not offended easily. And nothing said on these forums have offended me in the slightest....not even close.

I believe most people by nature arn't cruel and mean spirated. Everyone expresses themselves differently....and sometimes things come out the wrong way, at least for the person on the other end of what they believe to be an insult, etc....but most of the time, they are not meant or intended as such.

This is an internet forum, the vast majority of us will never meet in real life anyway....which is another good reason why we should'nt take things too seriously.
    Well, unless we all decide to meet here in Vancouver next Feb when the winter olympics will be here. That would be cool. But if we do meet....leave your damn bb's at HOME!!

PS, Lord only knows how many errors i've made in this post....but as sure as the sun will rise once again in the West....buggy will let me know. HAHA, could not resist

lol

30. cantstandbedbugs

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 15:12:15
    #

Login to Send PM

buggyinsocal,

WOW that was a long response. You're right I didn't have to read your post. Now that I think about it I shouldn't have because it had nothing to do with bedbugs and I'm on this forum to read about bedbugs. It would be nice to know beforehand if a post has anything to do with the point of this forum. But until that feature is available guess I'll have to scan post and bypass the irrelevant ones.

I never once said you attacked Jason in my previous post. Jason is a great sport to not take offense to what you did I must give him credit for that. I just put it out the way I see and I saw it as not necessary (among other things) everyone perceives things differently especially online since we are not communicating in person we can not determine the tone, facial expression etc. of the poster so we can't tell how something was meant (joke / serious) or how someone will take what we post. I haven't read all your post so I don't know your online personality I'm new here and I'm just giving my perspective as a new person reading what you posted on this thread. Perhaps I'm the only one that saw it that way, I have a feeling I'm not but what do I know. I'm not going to get into it with you about your reasons for doing it and what you think is the right way to post on a public forum (it's not that serious). Maybe the admin can consider putting your grammar post on the FAQ or sticky so people can refer to it before they start posting on this forum.

Hey Jason just saw you responded.

31. cantstandbedbugs

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 16:31:36
    #

Login to Send PM

OT. Just realized it meant Off Topic (I always thought that meant overtime). Anyway it's a great idea. But it's to be used at users decretion, would be better if off topic post were marked OT automatically hint, hint

32. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 18:08:14
    #

Login to Send PM

When it comes to overuse of the ellipsis ... I am guilty as charged ....

Glad you don't have any good jokes about it

Strictly a lazy habit .... so that I can write in incomplete sentences .... I really wish that I hadn't CLEP 'ed all my freshman English courses at this point .... Seemed like a good idea at the time

33. BBsonme

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 19:30:40
    #

Login to Send PM

To sum this all up, there are mechanical typing errors, some use ellipses more than they should (I for one am guilty) and grammatical errors are oft made because of relaxed use of rules.

I think this is really going to help me.

OT --- If I wait for a PCO, one that I actually trust, how much harm am I doing. I called a second PCO after a VERY disappointing visit by the first who actually turned out to be a sales representative and not a technician. At this point I've removed the clothes from my drawers, have not laundered my window treatments but lifted them off the floor and have inspected (for what its worth) my shoe boxes and put them in Ziploc bags. I've also encased my mattress and box spring. I don't want to get rid of their evidence as I'm sure the pco will need, but I also don't want them sitting on top of my delicates waiting for me to fall asleep. My concern is whether or not my disturbing their nests and taking away their hiding places will flush them out to new areas in the home.

34. Jason1

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 20:41:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Cantstandbedbugs,

Thanks for the nice words.

What's happening with your bb situation? Is it still just as bad?

I came accross your first post on another thread.

cantstandbedbugs - 5 hours ago  » 
    buggyinsocal,
    WOW that was a long response. You're right I didn't have to read your post. Now that I think about it I shouldn't have because it had nothing to do with bedbugs and I'm on this forum to read about bedbugs. It would be nice to know beforehand if a post has anything to do with the point of this forum. But until that feature is available guess I'll have to scan post and bypass the irrelevant ones.
    I never once said you attacked Jason in my previous post. Jason is a great sport to not take offense to what you did I must give him credit for that. I just put it out the way I see and I saw it as not necessary (among other things) everyone perceives things differently especially online since we are not communicating in person we can not determine the tone, facial expression etc. of the poster so we can't tell how something was meant (joke / serious) or how someone will take what we post. I haven't read all your post so I don't know your online personality I'm new here and I'm just giving my perspective as a new person reading what you posted on this thread. Perhaps I'm the only one that saw it that way, I have a feeling I'm not but what do I know. I'm not going to get into it with you about your reasons for doing it and what you think is the right way to post on a public forum (it's not that serious). Maybe the admin can consider putting your grammar post on the FAQ or sticky so people can refer to it before they start posting on this forum.
    Hey Jason just saw you responded.

35. Jason1

banned

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Jul 17 2009 20:42:53
    #

Login to Send PM

BBsonme,

When is the 2nd pco due?

BBsonme - 1 hour ago  » 
    To sum this all up, there are mechanical typing errors, some use ellipses more than they should (I for one am guilty) and grammatical errors are oft made because of relaxed use of rules.
    I think this is really going to help me.
    OT --- If I wait for a PCO, one that I actually trust, how much harm am I doing. I called a second PCO after a VERY disappointing visit by the first who actually turned out to be a sales representative and not a technician. At this point I've removed the clothes from my drawers, have not laundered my window treatments but lifted them off the floor and have inspected (for what its worth) my shoe boxes and put them in Ziploc bags. I've also encased my mattress and box spring. I don't want to get rid of their evidence as I'm sure the pco will need, but I also don't want them sitting on top of my delicates waiting for me to fall asleep. My concern is whether or not my disturbing their nests and taking away their hiding places will flush them out to new areas in the home.

36. cantstandbedbugs

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jul 19 2009 9:45:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Jason,

Well I had my 5th treatment last Thursday and I started opening my bags with my belongings. I don't know if they are gone for good, I have a feeling they are not. I haven't had a bb siting since after my 3rd treatment and I had 2 treatments after that. I got bite on my foot and my neck (since the 4th treatment) but I don't know if its a mosquito or a gnat or bb bite. I did spot a gnat in my room. I react differently depending on where I get bit by bb's. My arms react the worst but my legs and such don't react nearly as bad so I can't tell from these bites what really bit me since I react in those areas the same as I would if I got bit by a mosquito. I think my situation is not as bad as it was. I'm not scratching my skin until I draw blood anymore which was pure hell for me. My scars are also fading so I'm not getting questioned at work about what the hell is that on my arm with a look of worry on my coworkers faces. and I haven't seen any bb's in over 2 weeks so I'm try to stay positive but you just don't know with this things. I have the caulking and the caulking gun just need to get the DE and a vent cover to start working on the bathroom. I have a feeling if they are not already in the apartment they are coming from another apartment through the bathroom. Almost all my bedbug siting are in the bathroom so that is what leads me to believe that is where they are coming from. I'm trying to remain positive but I think I will forever have a fear that I have them and when I get bit by anything its all over my mind just goes straight to bb's as the culprit. This sucks!

37. BBsonme

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jul 19 2009 18:22:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Jason1, my next PCO appointment is not until Wednesday. I spent the day today (beautiful day that it was) laundering clothes. I guess I will be living out of bags for a while. Read the fine print on the first PCO contract, I thought it was a 12 month guarantee. That does not apply to bed bugs. BBs are only guaranteed for 30 days. Sounds to me like the same guarantee I can give by doing it myself. Still needs lots of answers but am running out of time as far as my sanity goes. My boyfriend has been great through this whole thing so far, although he thinks I'm being a bit of a drama queen.

38. buggyinsocal

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun Jul 19 2009 22:27:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Cantstandbedbugs,

I had thought that a post with a subject line like the one this has would pretty self-evidently be pretty off topic.

Perhaps I am simply guilty of reading too much into KillerQueen's phrasing, though. Given my training, it's possible that I am so inclined.

39. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Sun May 30 2010 0:38:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Killer, we may need you in Phoenix.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/i-found-this-at-walmart/page/2

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  40. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 23 2010 9:09:48
    #

Login to Send PM

41. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jul 23 2010 11:13:44
    #

Login to Send PM

i was wondering when someone was gonna take care of this!

(i think i'm gonna start behaving myself 'round here!)

^.^

42. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Aug 23 2010 21:37:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Utah paging KQ!

43. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Jan 22 2011 23:47:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Funny, I haven't heard from KQ in a few days.

44. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jan 23 2011 0:36:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Not one of my finer moments on the board and nobody gets to see the trash this guy private messaged me. ... I don't think we need to keep bouncing this thread to the top every few months .... please.

45. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jan 23 2011 1:51:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey KQ,

The easy solution to not reviving a thread is for it to be closed. I can do that. If it comes up again, click "REPORT THIS POST" and don't suffer in silence! Complain to me. (That applies to everyone!)

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

274,592 posts in 45,046 topics over 137 months by 19,776 of 20,508 members. Latest: Mousehead, AnxietyCentral, Ohhmichasia