(3 posts)
  1. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Sep 17 2018 10:23:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I have a 2nd opinion PCO coming into my apartment today. But now that I'm thinking about the advice the K9 inspector gave...I'm worried it could interfere with the PCO's findings.

K9 inspector told me to wash all bedding, throw pillows, etc. in living room and bedroom (sites of hits). Told me to vacuum all furniture and vacuum the rooms. I got suspicious of her recommendations halfway through bagging all bedding and pillows to be washed, so...now there's just a bunch of double-bagged but (potentially) contaminated fabric by my washer.

I let the PCO know it's there if he wants to look at it. I did not vacuum anything.

Have I shot myself in the foot in terms of getting an accurate inspection? If so, am I back to square one with monitoring again?

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Sep 17 2018 10:36:19
    #

Login to Send PM

No, you're fine. As long as you didn't vacuum and clean the mattress/box spring/frame in your bedroom the evidence will still be there for the PCO to look at and interpret. Same for the couch, there should be signs in the form of cast skins, fecal deposits and live bed bugs.

The bedding and throw pillows are less attractive than other areas for bed bug congregation, you didn't do anything that would impede a PCO's inspection.

3. WeltsAbound

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Sep 17 2018 11:08:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, BigDummy (I hate calling you that! Your brains are helping me out!) I appreciate all of your feedback in these anxious early days.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

288,536 posts in 48,139 topics over 149 months by 21,209 of 21,563 members. Latest: John0094, Samworriesaboutbedbugs, thebooklouse