Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Back again- survivor - possible bites and blood stain.

(8 posts)
  1. BuggedOutBabeAgain

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 14:04:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Survivor from 2011. Just got back from punta mita 1.5 weeks ago where they have a bad mosquito problem. Of course I get bit a ton, and I'm very paranoid! My bites are still agitated. And blood stain on sheet. I can't tell if I'm getting new bites. Morning after we got back we sent clothes to dry cleaners, washed the remainder and packtited our suitcases. Can anyone take a look at let me know what you think or any advice. Pics below.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/154428865@N06/Kx5Bv0

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 17:09:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Red blood does not confirm bed bugs.

Skin reactions in odd locations if it were bed bugs, the ones closest tot he spine are virtually impossible and certainly highly improbably.

Monitor for the confirming signs and always check the bed before you sleep in it when you travel.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. BuggedOutBabeAgain

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Aug 30 2017 17:52:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes good advice. However the "welcome" margaritas made us feel a little too "welcome". Can ask why it would be odd by the spine? I am now taking through pics and monitoring better for new bites. I have also contacted a bed bug sniffing dog for piece of mind. I cannot go through this hell again. I ordered Bed Bug Blue to check the blood stain.

When I had bed bugs last time. I never found a cast skin or fecal matter. Just random bites and thePCO found a baby BB in my box spring. Went through two treatments, steamed carpet, steam cleaned every nook and cranny with the vapamore, and lived out of those space bags. That was fun, we got them from staying at 4 star hotel in Capri Italy. I think I have PTSD.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 4:53:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There are some subtle things about the precise details of how bed bugs feed that means despite the images of bed bugs in skin that you see online this is not how they behave. The skin in the middle of the back would need to be walked on to be fed on and as such its not bed bugs.

Bed Bug Blue is not to be used on red spots so unless you have some dark brown / black ones it will not help diagnose (awesome kit but needs to be used correctly).

Things have moved forward since 2011 and while many still use that approach it is by no means the only nor the more efficient way to deal with bed bugs, especially when recently introduced.

Hope that helps.

David

5. BuggedOutBabeAgain

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 9:12:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much for your response David. My bites are terrible and flairing up so bad. I can't help but think I've brought something home with me. I'd think for almost two weeks they'd be gone. I can't even sleep they hurt/itch so bad. Anything else you suggest I get? Climb ups any good?

6. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 11:12:45
    #

Login to Send PM

BuggedOutBabeAgain - 1 hour ago  » 
    I can't even sleep they hurt/itch so bad.

I know it sounds crazy but I've found that the one thing that helps my bites, be they bed bug or other insect, is topical hemorrhoidal relief cream, as the active ingredient is 5% lidocaine and that is the highest concentration you can purchase over the counter. I purchase the store brand from Walmart, but it says 'compare to Recticare' on the tube. Also, Dermoplast spray, as that contains 20% benzocaine.

Good luck, I hope you find relief!

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  7. BuggedOutBabeAgain

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Aug 31 2017 13:20:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the tip! I am going to the derm dr today. So far I've put on hyrscortisoid cream, Benadryl and neospirin.

8. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 1 2017 13:10:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Well... I woke up this morning with an elbow bite, maybe 2, idk I can't see it well (my arms don't bend that way), and it is similar to yours in that it doesn't follow typical behaviour. I slept in long sleeves as it was cool last night, and it would have been a long walk in either direction to get from an opening (neck or wrist) in the shirt over warm skin to bite an elbow. We can be stumped together- cuz it itches just the same as a BB bite, and makes zero sense! There's also no blood stains or obvious fecal's nearby.

It's a case of the mystery itchies! 🤔

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,662 posts in 50,011 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me