Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Back again - not a success story yet

(3 posts)
  1. lagirl31

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 27 2011 10:47:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought I would be able to come back here and post my success story soon, but we just found another bug. : (

We were clear from bites for 31 days, then my partner got two bites on his leg. We checked the bed, couldn't find anything. 18 days went by with nothing, then he got another bite. We searched the bed and found this guy (girl?) immediately. I think it is a young one, because it looked clear except for the undigested blood. Photos here - http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/x412/lagirl31/July%20bug/

Sigh. So we're getting sprayed again today (we'd had three sprays back in May).

Luckily I was being cautious and we hadn't moved our furniture back or started putting our clothes back in our dressers, so the prep was pretty easy. I'm just really discouraged and stressed out. And not sure why we would find a young bug after all this time.

We both react to bites immediately, they usually wake us up as soon as we get them, which I consider extremely lucky because we've often been able to find the bug that bit us right away. I thought we were doing everything right, so I'm completely discouraged right now.

I do hope to post a success story someday!

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Jul 27 2011 11:07:26
    #

Login to Send PM

It isn't an adult. Looks like a 3'rd stage instar. There would be an egg, at least 2 cast skins and several fecal traces where this thing harbored if the egg was laid in the house.

One of our real experts can probably tell for sure the stage.

Jim

3. lagirl31

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Jul 28 2011 0:53:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm ... that makes me wonder where it came from. We're both (serious and immediate) reactors, so I would think that we would have seen more bites if it had hatched in our place. They need at least one feeding per stage, right?

Our bites have been so spread out that it's difficult to pin down a pattern (why would a bug wait 18 days between feedings if we're available?). I would think that we're getting re-infested from a neighboring apartment, but the adjacent apartments were inspected and treated when we were initially treated. We do live directly above the laundry room in our building, but I haven't seen any traces there. We did talk to our neighbors about signs when we first realized we had bedbugs, in the hopes that they would keep an eye on their own apartments. It was the most humiliating conversation I've ever had, but we had to do it.

It's so frustrating! I just want to do the right thing and get this taken care of, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what more we can do.

They sprayed more Phantom today. I hate to just spray chemicals around, but it's all our landlord will authorize. We try to do our part by washing and heat treating all our bedding, including pillows, once or twice per week. We have a passive monitor up on our bed but have yet to see bug activity in it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45