Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Back again after 7 months

(2 posts)
  1. jendeo102696

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Nov 14 2016 13:46:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Had an issue beginning in October of 2015. Had 4 treatments with a PCO and when the problem persisted we treated ourselves with Bedlam and cimexa. By April, we seemed all in the clear. About 3 weeks ago I found a bite on my arm. Every time I get a bite it's impossible to not assume the worst but at the time we were dealing with the random mosquito sneaking in. Nothing again for 2 weeks. Then I got 2 more bites. I started to suspect bed bugs again because towards the end of my infestation last time I would wake up immediately after being bitten with intense burning and itching. I'd see a spot as well which would disappear and then reappear hours later , typically after a shower. People said it was impossible to feel a bed bug biting you but I think my body chemistry must have changed as a result of my last infestation so my body now seems to alett me to when I am bitten. Two days ago I woke up with a bite around 1215am. I did a quick check of my surroundings and found nothing. Three hours later I woke to another bite. This time i moved my pillow and sure enough the bug was crawling away. I popped it and it had tons of blood in it. I am convinced they are now back.

My husband used to work for a pco years ago and he called him for advice. The pco gave him a list of things to use and we will attempt the treatment ourselves (I wouldn't trust this if my husband didn't use to exterminate before).

My questions are these:

1. Do I really need to bag my clothes all over again? The last time took forever and we knew the bugs were only in couch and bed.

2. Could the bugs have been lying dormant for this long? Last time the apartments below me had issues. I don't know if they are having any issues now.

3. Is it possible the same bug bit me and then came back three hours later for more??

4. My daughter periodically watches tv with me in my bed. She never sleeps there. Is this ok?

Thanks in advance. This site REALLY helped me last time.

2. jendeo102696

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 15 2016 14:50:26
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband just called the landlord to advise him of what we found. The landlord, who dealt with three apartments (all on top of each other) being treated last year, said that ONE bed bug was found in another apartment in the building. The same tenant who used foggers/bombs last year and who I firmly believe to have exacerbated the issue, advised the tenant that saw the one bug to set off a bomb. I told the landlord last year that bombs were not good as the bugs just spread. My husband told him again today. Is there ANYTHING we can do? I don't think it's right that the building seems to have a problem and one tenant seems to be making it worse.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45