Back after 3 months

(7 posts)
  1. countmeout

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 21:37:21
    #

Login to Send PM

They're back...after two treatments in April, obsessive vacuuming, no clothes in the bedroom and taking an immense amount of time to seal up the holes in the floors and walls, I found a bug sitting on my pillow last Sunday. The PCO came yesterday and sprayed with a different type of chemical (don't know which??) but I have discovered 4 bites on my leg tonight.

ARHHHHhh...what can I do now? My mattress and box are covered and I have double-sided tape on the legs. I Sterifab behind and on the bed. I still haven't put my clothes back.

What about steaming? WHat about anything? I would be grateful for any ideas.

2. mangycur

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 22:02:07
    #

Login to Send PM

talk to your pco before steaming--it will break down the chemicals, thus nullifying the residual effect. You might want to ask your pco what chemical(s) s/he used, and how long the residual last. Further, you might research the chemicals on your own to get a broader perspective.

Additionally, steaming will vaporize the poison, so you'll breathe it as you work. If you do try steaming, read up on it and get a respirator mask. My pco uses steaming, but I haven't tried it personally. Others here have so maybe they can offer more info.

Did you caulk the cracks in your bookshelves and DE your light sockets?

3. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Jul 16 2008 22:03:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah! So frustrating, unfortunately we have been battling for almost 5 months so I have no true words of wisdom, except that they may be coming in from your neighbors. Get them involved if they are not already. Best of luck!

4. Musikal19

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jul 17 2008 0:16:08
    #

Login to Send PM

That's not reassuring for me, my landlord will NOT fumigate the whole building...we're having a hard time just getting the damn man to get an exterminator into OUR apartment, SHEESH...my hope is dwindleing

5. bugginginKY

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jul 17 2008 7:53:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suggest making absolutely certain your bed is truly isolated and that your encasements are intact. Do everything in the FAQ and then you can at least sleep unbitten. And that makes the whole thing 1,000x easier. Truly. Good luck!!

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jul 17 2008 21:18:17
    #

Login to Send PM

countmeout,

It can take more than two treatments. It's possible they were never gone but had been reduced to a level you could not detect until now.

If you begin treatments again, talk to the PCO about retreating every two weeks until you're sure they're gone. A bed bug dog can be a useful tool in many cases.

And if you have attached neighbors (on any side, above, below), have they been inspected and educated about bed bugs? A simple, "do you have any bites" is not enough, since many do not react.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. cocob

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 21 2008 12:19:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Steaming...Actually, Last week PCO heated our home to 140 deg fahr. But still I am seeing bedbugs. check http://www.sentl.com a website to show my experiences with bedbugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19