Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Free for all

baby dies - mother using bug bombs

(14 posts)
  1. bait

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 0:12:09
    #

Login to Send PM

She had just moved in and had an insect (supposedly roach) problem....

WILLIAMSTON, S.C. -- Authorities said that bug spray that produces a fog to kill insects may be to blame for the death of a 10-month-old Williamston boy and critical injuries to his 2-year-old brother.

(Link to full story.)

2. soscared

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 0:23:58
    #

Login to Send PM

This is so sad. Poor babies. Poor family.

3. meremortal

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 11:41:58
    #

Login to Send PM

How very awful! In this day and age, things like this should NOT be happening... When will PCO treatment become more affordable so people will stop attempting self-treatment? How can we have landed on the freakin' moon in the 50's-60's, but in the 21st century we can't kill a couple of bugs?

4. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 11:51:49
    #

Login to Send PM

~~OMG~~ can anyone link the article to the tread .. DID she even follow the directions...did she bomb while the kids were in the home.. did she air it out.... why were the containers still in the home..was it BB's..OMG I have so many questions...
    What meremortal said Ditto...
    SAD SAD day !!!!
    Why cant the bigger companies just give give a little of there time for the families like this... I wouldn't mind paying a little more for my treatments if it helped families like this..

5. parakeets

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 11:55:30
    #

Login to Send PM

This is tragic. Rest in peace, beloved little Jacob Whitfield.

6. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 12:58:04
    #

Login to Send PM

The PCO needs to eat and be compensated for his time and labor. The treatments need to become more effective so that PCOs can work more efficiently. They also need to become simpler and safer, so that in most cases, homeowners can self treat. There will not ve enough good PCOs to treat the entire nation. Finally, we may well need to adjust our expectations…from efforts at total eradication to the expectation that BB are everywhere and that everyone treats, just as they mop, vacuum, dust, etc.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  7. meremortal

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 20:08:01
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 7 hours ago  » 
    The PCO needs to eat and be compensated for his time and labor. The treatments need to become more effective so that PCOs can work more efficiently. They also need to become simpler and safer, so that in most cases, homeowners can self treat. There will not ve enough good PCOs to treat the entire nation. Finally, we may well need to adjust our expectations…from efforts at total eradication to the expectation that BB are everywhere and that everyone treats, just as they mop, vacuum, dust, etc.

Could government subsidies not help with the cost for people below a certain income? Heck, we bailed out all of the banks and car companies not too long ago, but we'll allow the average citizen to live like this? I have certainly adjusted my expectations, but when will the rest of society do the same? Until then, I guess I'll continue to live, ostracized, until this all blows over...

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 20:44:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Bait,

Thanks for sharing that.

I cut some of that post out and provided a link to the entire story instead. (It's a good idea to include only shorter passages and then to link to the source, for copyright reasons. Thanks!)

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Wed Nov 4 2009 22:07:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I read the story But It doesn't Say if A PROFESSIONAL verified it was roaches..Roaches Look a lot like BB To the common person who knows nothing about them...

cilecto yea BUT If The bigger companies Who we all know are filling there pockets... Driving there fancy cars and living in there fancy homes Paying the low man on the totem pole min wadge..can spare a treatment or two..This would be A quicker way to insure the safety of lil ones like Jacob Whitfield. And that poor mother who Probably didn't know what she was doing to the sweet innocent child even tho She should of known better.. But probably didn't..
    Then work on the safer quicker thing...
    I really would like to know where the LL stood in all This and if she moved her in knowing it had bugs...
    And the kids DAD...

10. Itchybutdealing

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Nov 5 2009 12:46:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok folks better to live with bed bugs forever than to put your kids in this kind of danger!

11. anobid

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 6 2009 11:15:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Darwin said ............

12. watkinsnewan

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 6 2009 11:44:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Enlighten me what did Darwin say???

13. anobid

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Fri Nov 6 2009 12:25:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Read the label, tragically this could have been prevented.

14. BugBoy911

Posted 9 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2009 19:36:14
    #

Login to Send PM

meremortal - 4 days ago  » 
    How very awful! In this day and age, things like this should NOT be happening... When will PCO treatment become more affordable so people will stop attempting self-treatment? How can we have landed on the freakin' moon in the 50's-60's, but in the 21st century we can't kill a couple of bugs?

Having the ability and understanding I have been pushing affordable bedbug and pest control services since I started my mission. I prove to customers and show customers results before accepting full payment for any of my work. Bedbug prevention and elimination is a very specialized and time consuming task. Most companies who have many technicians do not specifically specialize in bedbug elimination and most don't practice bedbug work often enough to really fine tune their ability's to see what works, what doesn't. Bedbug treatments are more time consuming than difficult, and more educational/understanding than spray spray and pray pray. Using a extermination company that does everything sometimes or usually won't fully understand this pest or won't have technicians that have serious experience battleing bedbugs. I have found that spraying for bedbugs using water soluble pesticides such as Suspend SC, Demand CS, Cy-Kick, and other synthetic pyrethroid water soluble suspensions do not absorb into the bedbug easily. Although these pesticides are effective and convenient, bedbugs do not have chewing mouth parts like ants and cockroach's as well as a tough exoskeleton thats difficult to penetrate. other pesticidesjust walking over these chemicals and not ingesting them. From my experience it seems that residual water suspensions have an overall lower kill rate. Your better off using contact insecticides followed by long lasting residual dusts. Dusts are very dangerous and should only be used by a licensed PCO with a very active daily practice of bedbug elimination and prevention.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie