Baby bed bugs?? [a: bird or rodent mites; one book louse]

(7 posts)
  1. cassidy.

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 15 2016 11:59:56
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted on here about a month ago trying to identify these tiny bugs in my room but the only helpful feedback I got was that it could be a mite. I've probably seen a total of close to 100 over the past couple months (most within the same week) then went on vacation and have only seen 15 or so since in my bedroom. never outside my room, but they've been seen on and in my laptop, on my phone, bed, window sill, contact case, and on me. I get itchy bumps frequently and my roommate said she woke up with 2 next to each other this morning.

you can find several pictures if you like scroll to the bottom of this thread: http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/please-save-my-sanity

we are planning to bug bomb the house soon but I'm still worried that they could be bedbugs. had an inspector a few months ago say no signs of bb. I've only seen these tiny guys,no adults and I wash my sheets every other week. is it common to see nymphs but no adults? (if they are bb)

thank you so much for any feedback

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jun 15 2016 16:21:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't bomb anything. Not good for bedbugs or roaches. Bombs are just no good.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. cassidy.

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jun 17 2016 13:47:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, I'm 100% we don't have roaches and 99% that they aren't bedbugs. I'm not comfortable waking up every morning with mites crawling on me and floating around in my water cup, so we're going to do a bug bomb. that's also the only option our landlord has given us. I've had a Plunketts pest control employee check for bb a couple months ago but found no signs.

My main question: is it common/possible to see DOZENS of nymphs but no adults?

I'm already checking my bed and vacuuming everyday, I'm not sure what else to do unless I can identify what kind of mite they are.

has anyone checked out the several pictures I uploaded onto my original thread??

4. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Jun 17 2016 14:16:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I am no expert but I just looked at your photos in the other thread. They are not bedbugs. If you want to get rid of them, I think you will need to bag up your clothes and put the clean ones in the tumble dryer on hot for 30 mins. Bag them up again to stop the mites getting back into them. Wash dirty clothes and bedding, then put through dryer until complete dry.. Vaccum your mattress and all the room. Empty the vacuum contents so that none can escape. Spray some insecticide on the floor and then hover it up to hopefully kill any in vacuum cleaner.
    Then spray the room with insecticide. Repeat this at the interval suggested on the can.
    Hopefully you will notice a decrease in the population.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jun 18 2016 13:40:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw your first post and just answered. I've been out of the country and not able to check posts regularly.
    Immature and adult rodent or bird mites. At least one picture of a book louse.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Jun 18 2016 14:16:42
    #

Login to Send PM

You have an ID now from our expert. I think you need to also think about why you have rodent or bird bites. Are there birds and bird nests in the building? Are there rats or mic in the building? You will need to deal with the source as well as treat the existing mites. I asked Loubugs quite recently how long it would take for a bird mite population to crash without treatment and I think he said some time so you may wish to search u dear my name or his to find the relevant post.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Jun 19 2016 1:19:22
    #

Login to Send PM

But... I would encourage you to get a professional to help remove the bird or rodent mites (and any bird or rodent nests...). It's not easy and I have heard some horror stories.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,635 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback