Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Att: David Cain - baking soda & fleas removal

(5 posts)
  1. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 2 2013 6:00:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David:

How flexible are the waiting times for the baking soda/light/vacuum method? Earlier, I put down baking soda on carpet and shone light once. As per your instructions on http://bedbugger.com/2012/11/09/faq-do-i-have-fleas-or-bed-bugs/, I am supposed to wait an hour and then zig-zag light followed by 15 waiting time and finally vacuum. But since I went out longer than an hour after applying baking soda and shining light #1. My question is if I am over "the hour" wait (actual away time could be 3 to 4 hours), do I have to repeat shining light #1?

Additional question:
    -your instruction says to leave the property alone for an hour, does it mean I shouldn't walk from room to room to get stuffs, etc.?

JustChecking, not a therapist / bug pro
    Please click my user name on the left for these threads:
    (OR go through my thread starter list OR use the search engine)
    --->stress busters --->energy boosters
    --->songs of hope and faith --->help U sleep tonight
  2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 2 2013 7:28:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The 1 hour is a minimum time period. If you go over that's fine. The powder acts as a physical disruption to the fleas as opposed to a metabolic poison which takes "time to act". The delay is simple to ensure the maximum chance that a flea will get powder on its exoskeleton and thus impair their movement.

Equally you can increase the number of "zig-zags" but you don't want to reduce it beyond twice because its the "zig-zagging" that induces the flea to jump and again increases the powder coating.

Hope that helps explain.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Dec 2 2013 17:50:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much, David! I usually go zig-zag crazy. All sort of patterns sometimes. Just to make sure to maximize the effect. Out of the whole thing, that's the most fun part for me.

Do I have to leave my apartment during the "wait times"? Otherwise, I will be walking around and sitting in my apartment.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Dec 3 2013 5:00:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You can stay if anything it would be an added stimuli to get any fleas moving around and thus "clogged up" in powder so they can be physically removed.

Glad you are enjoying doing it, I always find that things you enjoy turn out better than the jobs we all hate to do.

Please post an update when done and let us know what kind of results you are seeing.

David

5. JustChecking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Dec 3 2013 20:02:34
    #

Login to Send PM

After I see the word, results, I don't feel very good because I don't think I am a typical flea victim and there are many loopholes such as contaminations, things I can control and can't control.

Anyhow, my vacuum sucked up a lot of bugs in the room that's next to the electrical/laundry room. They couldn't be dirt with my frequent vacuum. However, not much happening in the room where I sleep and do my computer work. Previously, there were a bit.

A Philippino lady, however, had success with David's baking soda method along with Paul's coaching. The link is here, http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/former-bedbug-sufferer-now-extreme-fleas-nearly-suicidal-please-help. It is a long read, but the result is under the March 29, 2012, post.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,893 posts in 50,057 topics over 155 months by 21,882 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019