Atrix Omega Green Supreme IPM HEPA Vacuum

(5 posts)
  1. Cathyqt

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 28 2012 13:11:55
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm starting a small door to door business killing bed bugs and I have found this website to be extremely helpful...I was planning on purchasing the Vapor Clean Pro6 Steamer, Continuous Fill (75 PSI) but I also came across the HEPA vacuum.. which would you recommend that I get...

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 28 2012 13:46:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Please don't be offended, but if you're planning to start a business killing bed bugs, you probably do need to do a bit more research before getting started, since a vacuum and steamer are for quite different purposes.

We have a FAQ on killing bed bugs with steam, and the Vapor Clean T6 is one of the recommended steamers. Steam is a contact killer, and an effective treatment, albeit a labor-intensive one.

A good vacuum can also be useful but the steamer is probably going to be an essential tool. If you want to do this professionally, you might look into the option EffeCi and David use-- Polti's Cimex Eradicator (aka Steam Disinfector), which sounds like it will be a game changer.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 28 2012 14:48:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I clean houses for a living. I will not bring ANYTHING into a house. The client supplies everything. Bedbugs is one of the biggest reasons. Since having them I have realized how easy they are to pass on. Nothing leaves this house that isn't on our back. many things can be passed by vacuums and other things brought from house to house.
    I would never let anyone that was not a complete professional bring anything into this house. I would want to know it had been cleaned to the ninth degree, a regular vacuum cannot be cleaned in that manner. If a person doesnt have bedbugs and you vacuum you could drag eggs without knowing it. just my humble opinion

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 28 2012 16:10:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I admire the entrepreneurial spirit as much as the next person but the reality is that when I started my own bedbug company is was having already spent 3 years working 60% of the time on bedbugs and thus already having a stable foundation to build upon.

I am sorry but as far as learning about bedbugs goes there is no substitute for field training, even the most experienced pro's learn from each other more by meeting the field than spending hours chatting online.

I would strongly suggest that you make some field connections and spend some time learning before you open your doors for business.

Good luck though.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Dec 29 2012 15:57:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear cathyqt,

A few comments for your consideration:

> There is more to professional bed bug work than meets the eye. Such factors including proper/suitable licensing, equipment, insurance, training and experience are required.

(And for those familiar with my many previous posts in support of self treatment efforts, please note that self treatment is significantly different than providing professional bed bug remediation services!)

> At the surface the formula for bed bug success is relatively simple: all you need do is inspect and treat all the places where thebed bugs are located. However, the devil is in the details ! We also need to consider other dynamics, including but not limited to: the source of the bed bug infestation, the account location parameters, logistical challenges, account type (single family residence, multi-family, hospitality, etc.) and many other facets of the bed bug problem.

> Suitable service agreements and other account documentation as required by local regulations.

> Of course, there is no substitute for field experience and the importance thereof cannot be overstated.

> Assuming you have the various requirements mentioned above as well as others wuch that you can offer a viable service to customers in your area, that's great, good luck ! If not, I hope you understand that professional bed bug work requires a significant commitment and prepare yourself to successfully meet these challenges for the mutual benefit of yourself and your future customers.

This said, as for your original question:

Vacuum: I prefer the Atrix Green Supreme vac, here's why: a) It is a complete HEPA system and not simply a vac fitted with a HEPA filter. b) It is compact in size. c) It has suitable power to do the work required. d) It has disposable & sealable filters positioned before the motor. e) Filter units are easily removed & replaced. f) It is a self contained unit where all tools & attachments are packed into the unit's box such that no parts or tools are outside the box and don't become misplaced. g) It performs well under field conditions.

Steamer: While it seems that many commercial duty steamers are manufactureed in Italy, not all steamers are created equal. For commercial bed bug work you need a unit that can deliver suitable psi, suitable steam temperature, continuous fill cabability, ability to adjust the water flow, comes with multiple tools/attachements, is dependable/reliable and is backed by the manufacturer and/or distributor from which the unit is purchased.

Please note that I have a professional relationship with the manufacturers of Atrix vacuums and Oldham Equipment who are the inporters of the S-5000 commercial duty steamer.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991