Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

ATRIX Green Supreme - Is it bag less? Do you recommend it?

(11 posts)
  1. bugparanoiaxinfinity

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Feb 26 2014 18:29:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all,

I've been going through all of the forums to find out which vacuum cleaner is most highly recommended here, and I've noticed the ATRIX show up a couple of times. My apartment has both carpet and hardwood, so I'm looking for something that will be okay for both. It seems that most people prefer the bagged kinds, because it is easier to dispose of any unwanted hitchhikers right after vacuuming, so I want to get one that has bags. HOWEVER, I cannot for the life of me find information anywhere (including Amazon and other places that sell the ATRIX Green Supreme) regarding whether or not is bagless.

Does anyone know?

2. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Feb 26 2014 18:45:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear bbpara,

The green supreme is an excellent choice for pest professionals as a "hepa system" type vac. WHen not in use this vac closes into itself such that all the components and tools fit inside the closed box which is convenient and helps to assure that none of the tools are lost.

It is NOT a bag type vac. Instead it features a "container" type filter that may be replaced when it is full. This filter/container is positioned before the suction motor such that the motor remains clean. When full the container is removed, capped at both ends and replaced. Replacement filter/containers cost about $25 ea (your mileage may vary).

My pest pro and other clients use them for bed bugs, cockroaches and other pest management work purposes. I have many hours and jobs using these units with my own two hands and recommend them.

However, I'm not completely sure that a homeowner needs to have such a commercial type unit but I'm sure if such units are being utilized for home use purposes that you'll never wear one out.

Let me know if any other questions or concerns.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

(Note to all: I am sponsored by BOTH commercial vacuum companies, Atrix and Pro Team, which manufacture vax that the pest pros use. Both brands are excellent and durable professional models.)

3. bugparanoiaxinfinity

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Feb 26 2014 19:34:53
    #

Login to Send PM

How would you clean it then? Would it be something similar to the way you clean a bag less?

Or, if I am reading what you wrote correctly, would it be that I would just leave the container in after each use, perhaps in an XXL Ziploc bag, without worrying that the bugs would get in and harbor there, like they might do with other vacuums? I'm just trying to figure out if it will be practical and/or more or less labor intensive than a regular vacuum.

Thanks so much! Your replies are really helping me feel like I can start formulating a plan.

4. bugparanoiaxinfinity

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Feb 26 2014 19:46:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, if I were not to get the Atrix, are there any other ones that you think would be my best bet? Sorry for asking so many questions! There are so many different answers here on the forum, and I just want get the best one I can get, that is really powerful and is not labor-intensive in terms of lugging it around.

5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 27 2014 18:52:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Cleaning: you use it till it's full and then replace the filter cartridge. There's not much cleaning to be done.

There's a number of suitable vacuum models.

You want a vac equipped with Hepa filtration.

Perhaps the Suckomatic 3000 would be a sufficient model to consider, that is if one actually existed. hahaha

You could go with a pro model or a decent home use type too.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

6. Daylight

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 27 2014 20:38:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I'm not a vacuum expert, but for the job now and without spending too much money (except on buying bags), I got the Dirt Devil Turbo vac. It has a hepa filter but also a bag that can be replaced every time you use it (as I wanted to do). It's very lightweight and it can be stored into a contractor white bag from Walmart and a plastic tub. It has good suction. It's about $86.00 and Amazon has it. Bags can be purchased thru Amazon too, and there's a less expensive generic one that fits it.

We don't have any carpet, so we took the bristles off the two brushes that had them to avoid worrying about anything staying attached.

Like I said, it's a temporary vac. We had a Rainbow for years and loved it. I may get another one someday, but the Dirt Devil is works.

7. Daylight

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 27 2014 20:39:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Meant to say the Dirt Devil works.

8. Daylight

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 27 2014 20:47:41
    #

Login to Send PM

P.S.

It's a canister vac with a retractable cord.

9. bugparanoiaxinfinity

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 27 2014 21:37:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes! Thank you so much.

10. Tabbycat1

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Mar 1 2014 11:57:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi guys! Had first treatment on Monday, 2 more to go (this Monday and next from PCO). I just tossed out my old vac today (two BB's fell out, OMG. They appeared to be dead, but who knows?) . It was given to me by a friend, no telling if it was infested from day one or if I just sucked'em up from here. I am more than willing to spend the money on The Atrix Green, but are they good for general household use as well? I mean, I know they have all the crevice attachments, and I don't have a whole lot of carpet (one-bed apartment, and half the apt is wood flooring). Can't tell if they have a wider attachment to go over the central part of the carpeting as well? I want the best possible one and will spend what I have too (short of the $1,000 steamer ones).

11. bugparanoiaxinfinity

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Jun 26 2014 13:04:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey Tabbycat1,

Sorry for not having responded until now - I ended up finding out that I don't have bed bugs AFTER having bought the Atrix, but I still use it to clean cracks and crevices and furniture just fine. I am having trouble using it as my regular vacuum, though, as it is does NOT have a wider attachment, which makes vacuum a hardwood floor or a carpet difficult. I'm still in the market to buy a different vacuum for use for my whole apartment.

What did you end up doing?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982