Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

At least it took my mind off the bugs...

(7 posts)
  1. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2011 0:15:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Just hit my BRAND NEW LCD tv with a metal pole.

So far, just a visible crack on the screen. Pixels appear as normal underneath the gash.

Is this a bug bite?

Will it spread?

Can I successfully get this fixed? Or should I just buy a new one?

(this part is serious. I know nothing about LCDs. I've never damaged one before.)

2. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2011 6:17:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't have a clue...why did you hit it with a pole?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2011 6:32:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I would have hit it with a Welshman they are more squidgy and therefore less likely to crack it.

On a more serious note you should be able to get the glass replaced. It's a common accident in Wii homes.

David

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2011 9:05:31
    #

Login to Send PM

BugsMustDie - 1 hour ago  » 
    I don't have a clue...why did you hit it with a pole?

Putting a shelving unit together. Thought I'd give it enough space, but one of the supports rolled the wall and hit the screen.

Argh.

David-- how do I know if it has glass? It feels like it doesn't, hence my worry.

Does anyone know how long it would take for the screen to be affected?

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2011 11:55:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

OK, you missed the subtle joke in that reply but let me explain.

Most LCD devices have a glass or mineral screen that protects the LCD part. If you have ever seen an iPhone being repaired you will have observed this (I break about 1 screen per month). If you call the products manufacturer and explain what has happened they will tell you if the protective screen can be replaced, if it has one and finally how to go about doing it.

Either way you will get a more accurate and official answer than anyone on a bedbug forum could offer you.

Bedbugs will not bite TV screens even if there is a person on the screen at the time because they initially hunt via CO2 and then hone in on their prey with heat and infra red. It is also true that a bedbug could not pierce the glass.

David

6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2011 14:37:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Lol. I have no subtlety right now.

I think it's a scratch anyway. There's more clarity on bed bugs than on LCD screens online. :-\. I've made my peace with throwing down another $400 when it
    goes bad.

7. BugsMustDie

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 10 2011 14:40:51
    #

Login to Send PM

OK! I thought for sure you were going to say you hit it with a pole because you thought you saw a bug on it

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,263 posts in 50,153 topics over 155 months by 21,923 of 22,419 members. Latest: frustrated1970, duracell, Parawail