(6 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 6:54:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

A couple of articles landed on the office mat this morning which I thought were worth sharing:

My 2015 Global summit report is here:

http://www.pestmagazine.co.uk/_attachments/Resources/1053_S4.pdf

No prizes for playing "where's Lou" as he does feature in the article.

There is a great article about bedbugs and why some of the testing practices need to be looked at and addressed by Stephen Doggett here:

http://www.pestmagazine.co.uk/_attachments/Resources/1055_S4.pdf

The final bedbug article of this issue covers the "breakthrough in the arrest pheromone" and why its more of a PR trip than a huge leap of science.

http://www.pestmagazine.co.uk/_attachments/Resources/1049_S4.pdf

Happy to answer any questions about the bits I wrote.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  2. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 7:17:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, I have a question? Does the study on how bed bugs walk on rough surfaces mean that using Temprid on an upholstered sofa won't work? (As a residual especially?) thank you.

I'm not an expert just a dumb struggling bed bugger like every body else.
  3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 8:37:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The study on the locomotion on rough surfaces indicates why NO CHEMICAL action product is working all that well. The secondary reason is covered by the Stephen Doggett article where he confirms many of the marketing claims are based on lab strain bedbugs which are far more susceptible than what we encounter in the field.

In short there is little or no point in applying chemicals to anything other than smooth surfaces if you want them to kill bedbugs.

David

4. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 12:48:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Wow, that last sentence will stop the hearts of every bed bugger whose PCo treats solely with chemicals and only on carpet edges and furniture.

Does this indicate more useage of dusts like Cimexa?

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 13:25:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its only science catching up with what some have said for some time. Now its out there and confirmed it will be interesting to see how long it takes the industry to adapt.

We do not have Cimexa in the UK so I have not worked with it to be able to comment, it may also be that targeted application is needed over broadcast treatment as there will again be some areas where the bedbugs are more likley to come into contact with it than others.

David

6. robinsmom

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 15:15:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Interesting that some studies on chemical efficiency seem to indicate the useage of wooden blocks in their experiments which makes me wonder if that skewed the results . So anyway, what constitutes a"smooth surface"? Wood? Linoleum? Or even smoother like glass?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto