Are we on for round 2? Please read.

(8 posts)
  1. Srh4

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 13 2014 15:16:08
    #

Login to Send PM

In September I was cleaning my room when I saw what I thought was a bettle. I tried smashing with a shoe but it would just spring back up and scurry off. It was on my bed and was really fast but not fast enough and I was able to identify that it was a bed bug. I striped everything found a baby one and got a PCO to my house. He couldn't find hardly any evidence and he never caught any with his dumb traps. He still treated for 8 weeks and it was a nightmare. By the 6th week bites stopped. My kids and I all have very bad reactions to them so it was a lovely break. After the 8th week were told we can put everything back and move on. Like then figured out who brought them to my house so they were only there for 3 weeks and that person hasn't treated their house so we don't see them anymore. From November until February things were great. No bites nothing. My mom had state at my house of and on for 3 weeks with her little dogs. They were invested with fleas. About a week ago I told her to not bring them here anymore and shortly after that my daughter had bites all over. On her torso, chest, legs, and back. Two of the bite areas have the classic breakfast, lunch, and dinner pattern and they look so much like the BB bites. Only thing is myself and other children have nothing. Can they just take a break for 3 months? Are they just not biting us now? Or can fleas do the same bite pattern? How do I figure out what it is. The PCO wants to come out out his stupid little traps an charge me 100 dollars! Can I do anything DYI? Please help me. I can't take this financial burden anymore.

2. Srh4

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 13 2014 15:20:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry for the typos

3. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 13 2014 15:35:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Srh4,

So sorry you are dealing with this situation. You may find the following link useful:

http://bedbugger.com/2012/11/09/faq-do-i-have-fleas-or-bed-bugs/

I don't think that bed bugs would willingly go for 3 months without feeding if they have food available. I'm not a pro, but my understanding is that they'll feed if they can get to food.

I would be wondering about possible fleas if you had dogs with fleas in your home. I could be wrong...those are just my thoughts.

This thread gives help on a DIY flea trap and from reading it, you could have an answer about fleas in 24-48 hours:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/is-it-fleas-or-bed-bugs

Also, here is a link about bites. It goes into detail about the classic breakfast, lunch, dinner pattern and how bed bugs typically feed every 3 - 7 days. I think you'll find some of your answers there.

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/new-bite-primer-my-5000th-post

Hopefully, a pro will be along to give you their thoughts and help with your situation, but I wanted to offer you these links to get you started.

4. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 13 2014 19:39:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible for you to schedule for a dog inspection? as that may give you a more definite answer than using traps.

.....I am NOT an expert.....

Any advice i give here is based solely on my own personal experiences in dealing with bedbugs & other household vermin.
  5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 13 2014 20:25:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear srh,

The "breakfast, lunch, dinner" bite thing is a myth.

Fleas can and do bite people aggressively.

What kind of traps does the pco want to use there ?

You can fashion your own flea and bed bug traps should you want to do this.

Please advise of any additional questions or concerns.

pjb

6. Srh4

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Feb 13 2014 22:51:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I've looked into getting dogs but it's not offered in my area. I called the PCO off because I'm going to construct my own traps. Has anyone ever tried the dry ice method? I already have my flea trap setup and I've heard rave reviews on that but nothing about this bedbug contraption. I really pray this is fleas! It's so reassuring that fleas can have the same bite pattern. Thank you everyone for you replies!

7. ITortureBugs4Revenge

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Feb 14 2014 3:30:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm no expert but having cats most of my life i have dealt with plenty of fleas and I'm pretty sure that fleas, like mosquitoes, but unlike bedbugs seem to aggressively bite only "certain people" while leaving others almost completely alone. Bedbugs on the other hand don't discriminate and bite everyone, although some people don't react at all to them.

8. Butterfly1972

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Feb 14 2014 8:56:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Srh4,

Good luck with your flea trap!! I truly hope you get the answer/answers to what is causing the bites. And I never thought I would say this to anyone, but I hope you have fleas, too (in other words, I hope it's NOT bed bugs again) And I only say that because it sounds like you hope it's fleas.

Let us know how what you find out.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,817 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs