Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Are they back or false alert?!

(4 posts)
  1. Kagen

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 8 2016 16:11:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I somehow ended up with Bed Bugs in January of this year. Near the end of the month, I noticed a cluster of bite marks on my right wrist. They were small, red, itchy bumps - similar looking to a pimple but solid red. I had probably 7 bites give or take.

I checked my body, and I did find a few bite marks on my upper left arm. They were similar in appearance but more faded. All the bites itched.

A week later, my lower left arm had multiple bite marks - this time they were larger, red, itchy welts. They did look very much like mosquito bites.

After that, I called a local exterminator. (I did a search on two separate nights, and I found 1 live Bed Bug and 1 skin casting during each search. They were really hard to find.)

Note.. the two sets of bites I received appeared right before bed the following night, so around 18-24 hours after being bit. They itched badly the whole time I had them, and they lasted at least 3 weeks before finally going away.

After they sprayed, I did not get bit anymore. That was 2 months ago.

Now, last week, I noticed 2 bite marks.. one on my right hand and one on my right wrist - maybe 6+ inches apart. They were small-medium sized, red, raised bumps. Bigger than my first set of Bed Bug bites but smaller than the welts. These bumps appeared in the afternoon while I was cleaning out my guinea pigs' cage. They were itchy at first, but within an hour or less, they stopped itching completely. They disappeared in just a few days time.

This past Tuesday, I noticed a similar looking bite mark on my left elbow (1 bite). I have irritated this bump a good bit (out of stress and worry), and it gets itchy, if I mess with it. Still, it does seem to be shrinking in size, so I imagine if I left it alone, it will go away quickly.

I know Bed Bug bites can differ, but I am surprised these bites are less itchy and go away much faster than the bites I know were caused from Bed Bugs. Also, 2 months later? Is it possible one was left behind or more likely it's a newbie freshly brought in? I have not found another Bed Bug (yet), but the fact these bites were around a week apart is my main red flag.

The stuff they sprayed seemed to work well. I have found multiple dead or dying bugs (not bed bugs! they're spiders, etc.) in the past two months (and that's not the norm). I just found a dead fly of some sort Wednesday in my room, when I was glancing around for signs of Bed Bugs. Oh, and I live in the south, so it has already been warm. I have been doing gardening outside, and I have dogs, cats, guinea pigs, and chickens. So I do come in contact with a range of bugs, but I am just concerned I have Bed Bugs again - and if so, I want to take care of it ASAP.

I just kinda wanted some opinions from others, on whether I may just be overthinking it, or maybe it's time to call in the exterminators once again. I know I'll probably know more this week, if I receive another bite mark, but yeah, just stressing and sharing my problem - as well as the fact, my birthday is this week, so it's going to be a horrible day, if I have a fresh new bite then.

Thank you for reading.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 8 2016 16:54:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't go by skin reactions. If you went 60 days without bedbugs, then maybe you got exposed again. Look for fecal, cast skins, and evidence of live bugs. Start a 14 day countdown, and if you don't find evidence it's not bedbug related.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. Kagen

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 8 2016 17:45:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much for your reply. It's helpful to know if I do have them now, that I was exposed to them again and not from the old infestation. I have been checking my mattress. This time I have the white bed bug covers over my mattress and box spring too, so it will make checking easier.

4. Leavemealonebb

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Apr 8 2016 19:35:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I was told by pco and experts that one treatment is usually not enough because of any eggs that may hatch 7 to 14 days after. I would definitely call the pco back. I'm on my 3rd treatment hoping they are gone. Good luck!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,922 posts in 50,063 topics over 155 months by 21,886 of 22,374 members. Latest: kslone1006, Hex999, Gauned