(4 posts)
  1. Marissap

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 9:24:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

About 4/6 months ago, my boyfriend's family had an infestation of bedbugs. I haven't been bit since November, but last night I got 3 new bites. The bed bug company said we were in the clear. How are they back now?

The only possibility I can think of is this: His step mom only JUST NOW started washing the bed bug clothes that were in trash bags. Is it possible some were in the bags and traveled back? His room is right next to the laundry room. I managed to not track them back to my house last time, but now I am very worried that I will not be so lucky. This is very scary for me, as I have OCD with bugs, germs, crumbs, etc... what can I do? The bites first started to only look like mosquito bites, but after being bit more and more, they now turn into large welts which burn.

I don't think these are old bed bug bites. Sometimes with stress, old bites act up again. Last night I found out I was rejected from a college ( I had put years of work into trying to get into this school ) and that was super stressful along with my normal high school stress. It is a possibility, but these bites seem too new, and are sill white when I push down on them.

I'm fightin dem bugs
    They suckin our blood
    Why they so smug?
    They're goin down with a thud
  2. Marissap

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 9:56:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: they are for sure new bites. I was scratching and I can see where the bug pierced my skin.

3. SalsaVince

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 10:11:59
    #

Login to Send PM

It's possible. They can survive for many months in a bag without feeding. It could also be a reintroduction from outside of your home since it happened once before. Or it might not be bed bugs at all since you can't be 100% positive from bites only. In any case, at this point, you shouldn't freak out about it. Check your mattresses, bed, and couches to see if you see any new signs such as actual bugs or new fecal stains. If not, try not to stress about it since you've got enough going on with school. My mom got a couple of random bites after we thought she was clear but nothing after that so sometimes you do have some unexplained isolated bites. Doesn't necessarily mean you're infested again though.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Feb 7 2019 11:09:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Even if there were a few in the bagged clothing the laundering process would have killed them, not a viable source. Reintroduction is most likely what you've got going on if there are bed bugs, but if all you've discovered is skin lesions that's not something that should be used as a confirming sign.
    Search for live samples.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234