(4 posts)
  1. Blackstar

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2016 15:50:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Greetings,
    Long story short: found two lice looking bugs under the bed while doing a major housecleaning. I recall seeing one during the summer by my CD collection, but didn't really pay that much attention to it then. Finding two under the bed during the winter, however, felt a little uneasy. Are these booklice or bedbugs, or something completely different? (Link to cellphone pictures and a video snippet here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/145325773@N07/shares/Ymzmi4) My instinct says that they are booklice and in my inexperienced opinion they do look more like booklice than bedbuggers - but as usual the paranoia has got the better part of me and I'm thinking that they might as well be bedbugs waiting for me and my blood. Hopefully anyone can chip in on this, so I can get some decent sleep.

2. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Dec 1 2016 17:17:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Not bedbug related.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2016 7:55:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Look like book lice. Couldn't see different sizes of the pictures because these are marked private.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Blackstar

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Dec 2 2016 13:18:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your responses! I can now sleep a little better. Didn't realize that I've made the photos private, but that's fixed now.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,560 posts in 47,917 topics over 148 months by 21,109 of 21,448 members. Latest: urka1234, bb111, Paranoidforevs