Are these bedbug bites?

(2 posts)
  1. MrParanoid

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Feb 9 2016 17:47:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Woke up at my girlfriend's place with these all over my ankle and Achilles tendon. We searched her bed and mattress, couldn't find any other sign of them, but I know that doesn't mean much. I also know it's hard to identify an infestation based on bites alone, but I figured it was worth a shot. What do you guys think? Are these bedbug bites? Or could they have come from something else?

Pictures: http://m.imgur.com/a/zA6er

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Feb 9 2016 20:43:41
    #

Login to Send PM

I also know it's hard to identify an infestation based on bites alone, but I figured it was worth a shot.

It's not hard, it's impossible. Even a dermatologist can't tell you if your skin reaction came from bed bugs.

They certainly could be bed bug bites, but if you found no signs (and you know what to look for), it's not likely your GF has bed bugs. The most commonly found signs appear to be fecal stains, and bed bugs, followed by cast skins and eggs.

Bites-- if they're bites-- on the feet and ankles are often from fleas. She may have fleas there even if there are no pets. Or you could have been somewhere else with fleas. There's a flea trap suggestion in our fleas FAQ (DIY) so you can rule them out.

Bed bug bites are a possibility and could have happened in any location, since bed bug bite reactions can take hours, days or a week or more to appear, and are typically delayed reactions.

They could even be mosquito bites. They do sometimes harbor indoors.

Other possibilities exist also.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,897 posts in 50,058 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,369 members. Latest: sai, Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019