Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

ARE THESE BED BUGS? WHAT NOW? PICTURES INCLUDED!

(4 posts)
  1. helppp

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 25 2013 6:24:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been noticing I've been gettings hives or bites lately, but I've had hives from the past from food allergies and when it's cold and dry out, my hives get worst. I would never suspect it to be bed bugs because my apartment is very clean and I thought I had a scare a few years ago in a different apartment, but turns out it was just my food allergies.

Well I was just in bed on the computer when a bug crawls onto the bed. I freaked out, immediately got a paper towel and killed it. PICTURE HERE

I started freaking the fuck out and googling everything. Lifted my mattress and found near the zipper this: PICTURE HERE
    *OF NOTE, that picture is after I took a lighter to it because I know that heat works

After lifting my mattress, on my platform bed I noticed: PICTURE HERE which looks like shell casings.

I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT. I am 99% sure this is a bedbug. I immediately started burning with a lighter everywhere there was a sign of the bedbug, and then saran wrapped and tapped down severely the point of entry. I am pretty sure they can get to me another way but NOW WHAT? What do I do? Do I have to get rid of my entire bed? This is the first bug, ANY kind of bug I've ever seen in my apartment. Do I notify my landlord?

PLEASE HELP!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 25 2013 6:50:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry yes this looks like a light and recent case of bedbugs.

Try not to panic and grab a pen and paper so you can take notes as you work through the FAQ's and work out what to do next.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 25 2013 7:01:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Please stop with the lighter. Convection heat works. This is not what you are doing and you are risking a fire.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Feb 25 2013 10:26:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Read the FAQ section on this site. Don't use a lighter, not a smart idea. You should contact your managing agent about the infestation (unless there is some reason we don't know about why you shouldn't) and proper remediation.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,255 posts in 50,151 topics over 155 months by 21,922 of 22,418 members. Latest: Ldrago, frustrated1970, duracell