Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

are these bed bugs feces???very confused help!

(6 posts)
  1. Vg3434

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 2 2014 21:41:07
    #

Login to Send PM

[/img]

[/img]

Hi, I found these in my daughters room after doing an inspection after she complained of feeling itchy in her bed. Are these bed bug feces or just debris/dirt? I vacuumed most of them out but I'm still very paranoid!! Please help a worried mother!!!

2. Vg3434

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 2 2014 21:50:59
    #

Login to Send PM

[/img]

3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 2 2014 23:47:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Nope.

Look at the photos available here and elsewhere to see how bed bug fecal stains appear.

pjb

4. Vg3434

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 3 2014 1:14:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I found a bed bug. I concluded the little black circles were carpet beetles... Is this really not bed bugs? [/img]

[/img]

[/img]

I also find the black things (smaller). EVERYWHERE on her bed they just suddenly appear. Please tell me these are not bed bugs. A girlfriend that had them brought her son over and he was on this bed for a while, I'm guessing the big huge bb climbed off of him? My daughter has been feeling itchy for only about 2 weeks and at first, she would sit on the carpet and feel like fleas were biting her, (not a bed big bite) and the black things in the first two pictures would be very close.

5. Vg3434

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 3 2014 1:17:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry pictures did not upload [/img]

[/img]

[/img]

I also find the black things (smaller). EVERYWHERE on her bed they just suddenly appear. Please tell me these are not bed bugs. A girlfriend that had them brought her son over and he was on this bed for a while, I'm guessing the big huge bb climbed off of him? My daughter has been feeling itchy for only about 2 weeks and at first, she would sit on the carpet and feel like fleas were biting her, (not a bed big bite) and the black things in the first two pictures would be very close.

6. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jul 3 2014 7:58:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear Vg3434,

I'm sorry but your bug photo looks bed buggy to me. However, I am NOT NOT NOT a bug expert. I zoomed in on my phone to get the largest image I could, but I believe they will want a better picture to ID. Please try to retake the photo and repost the bug picture to get a definitive ID.

photo by picture account2012, on Flickr

InsectPests.Net - 2 hours ago  » 
    Bed bugs don't really leave "feces" so much as fecal stains. Their excrement is old used up blood, basically, so it's liquidy. It just leaves stains for the most part, and they appear like brown or black dots. It's sort of like if someone went around with a black marker and dotted things.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Bed bug fecal is liquid when it is deposited. Depending on the surface that it is deposited on (porous v. non-porous) bed bug fecal can appear as either the "black marker" spots or raised "candy dots" (I believe that is what I have read).

InsectPests.Net - 2 hours ago  » 
    If someone was getting itchy from bed bug bites, you would probably see large red welts and possibly bite holes.

Some people react with large red welts to bed bug bites . . . but some do not react at all . . . and there's a whole bunch of different reactions in between.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,412 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina