Are these bed bugs bites?

(6 posts)
  1. Anxiousperson

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2016 15:52:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! As my username says, I am a very anxious person and am afraid of bugs. Someone on my floor (not my direct neighbor) had bedbugs over a week ago. Apparently it was a very small amount and the exterminator killed them and sprayed his apartment. The exterminator came and cleared my apartment and told me I have nothing to worry about. But of course, I'm still worried.

This may seem silly, but could you tell me if these marks on my legs could be bed bug bites? I'm very prone to razor burn, but I'm being anxious. They don't itch anymore than normal dry skin does, but I've been searching at them out of anxiety. Thank you.

http://m.imgur.com/QxiVZRG,6n8Xb8l,MwPuFaA,HhJAMNz,cbfWtp4

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2016 16:05:40
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can diagnose by bites. If you're prone to razor burn I'd guess that's your culprit.

3. Anxiousperson

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2016 16:13:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I know. I've heard you can't totally tell from bites alone. I haven't found any bugs or feces (and trust me, I've torn everything apart). I was just wondering if these red marks looked suspicious.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2016 16:30:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Bites are not to be used to determine bed bugs.

5. GeekOnTheHill

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jul 13 2016 0:33:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Anxiousperson - 8 hours ago  » 
    I know. I've heard you can't totally tell from bites alone. I haven't found any bugs or feces (and trust me, I've torn everything apart). I was just wondering if these red marks looked suspicious.

Here's the problem: Use your favorite image search engine to look up "bed bug bites," and then take a look at how many different ways people react to them. The variations in individuals' reaction to bites are so great that there's really no such thing as a "typical" bed bug bite.

The flip side is that there are many other skin conditions that produce rashes that look just like each and every one of the different kinds of reactions that people get to bites. Eczema, seborrhea, various kinds of skin allergies, poison ivy or oak, shingles, chicken pox, acne... The list is practically endless.

In short, if you have no other evidence of a possible bed bug problem, then the odds are very strongly that it's one of the other bazillion things that can cause skin irritation that's causing your rash. Since you know that you get razor burn, then that's much more likely the problem.

Richard

6. bitemelady

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Jul 13 2016 0:55:02
    #

Login to Send PM

For whatever minuscule consolation prize this is worth: compared to my bites, I would say yours do NOT look like bites to me. But I am just comparing them to my bites, which are obviously bites.

As a mega anxious person (who actually has Bb in her apartment), it's not a party. If you had them, your mattress would have ACTUAL bugs crawling on it and fecal stains. Look for those things.. not bites. --Stay chill (because I'm anxiously battling actual bugs, and it's making me into the most insane woman that you ever met). If you mattress isn't encased, then I would order the Protect-a-Bed encasement and put it on which seals any inside, plus it makes it easier to spot them.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,692 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur