(5 posts)
  1. Goingcrazyoverbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2016 13:24:04
    #

Login to Send PM

I feel like I'm going crazy...

Three months ago I thought I brought a bed bug home from work. I thought it was a bedbug but I wasn't positive. I have contacted the PCO and they have checked my house three times in the last three months and found no evidence of bugs. I have had little pin point sized red dots on my legs since I washed and dried all my clothes and linens, bought mattress encasements and the interceptors for my bed, removed as much clutter as I could and vacuumed and cleaned everything. I have only been able to find a few carpet beetles and not much else. Every time I start to feel like maybe the PCO is right, something happens that I get all paranoid again. I have an appointment with a dermatologist this week to see if it is something else. Again I started to think maybe it was something else too because I haven't found any evidence of them other than the red dots. Then today I found a small red thing--about 1mm long in the interceptors. Here are two pictures I took of what I found. I'm sorry they aren't the best but it was the best I could do with my phone.

https://flickr.com/photos/142053986@N08/sets/72157670264653196

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2016 14:02:50
    #

Login to Send PM

There's not much to go on, but maybe Lou can tell you what you've found. I can see that the legs are too thick and the head is the wrong shape for this to be a bed bug. The antennae also are not the correct size and shape for a bed bug.

3. Goingcrazyoverbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2016 14:10:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your post. It was very small and it got squished when I put it in a piece of tape. I hope it was just a random bug that got in the interceptor and I'm just overreacting. Thank you again for your help.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2016 16:11:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Goingcrazyoverbugs - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank you for your post. It was very small and it got squished when I put it in a piece of tape. I hope it was just a random bug that got in the interceptor and I'm just overreacting. Thank you again for your help.

The image is too small to work with. In order to really be able to view images, they have to be set at highest resolution and largest picture size. True, not bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Goingcrazyoverbugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Jun 28 2016 16:24:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for looking at the pictures. I'm glad it wasn't bed bug.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams