Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Are these bed bug bites?

(7 posts)
  1. Tadisbak

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2008 15:36:30
    #

Login to Send PM

http://i35.tinypic.com/nflnau.jpg
    http://i33.tinypic.com/wiouie.jpg

Long story short, I woke up with these over my hands and arms (and legs thereafter) about two days ago. I go to the doctor and he doesn't know what they are, but prescribes a corticosteroid cream. They itch from time to time, but I just apply the cream.

Also, about a month or so ago, I woke up with welts all over my stomach and back, but they soon vanished (no more than an hour later). Could this be a related case? The bites look totally different from the mosquito-bite sized welts.

And lastly, how long does it take for the bite to go down? My hands and arms look like a Nestle crunch bar.

All help welcome and appreciated.

2. mrsmaglite

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2008 15:43:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey there, poor you, sounds awful. It seems like everybody reacts differently and in my own case I have had some small bites, which hardly bother me at all to my current giant itchy welts on my ankles that have been driving me nuts all day, where I think they got disturbed so they are merged bites. It IS possible that you haven't been bitten by bed bugs though - have you seen any evidence of them? Have you tried to do a thorough search with a flashlight - see the FAQs bit, it's very helpful.
    Most of my bites are feeling better after about 3 days, but they leave a very dark mark (my skin is very pale) - not sure how long those will take to fade - I am sure they will go over the next month.

3. Tadisbak

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2008 15:49:30
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't done any investigation, but I suspect them. I'm afraid of discovering them in a way.

I do think my trip to a rinky-dink Florida hotel (Knight's Inn) a few weeks ago may be related as well. (Maybe a different bedbug?)

4. Cantfindthem

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Jul 25 2008 21:02:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I remember reading somewhere (wish i could remember) where a person was bitten by bed bugs and got two different reactions on his body. If I remember correctly his legs had mosquito-like bite marks whereas his arms had tiny red-dot-like marks. I am not sure how he confirmed both sets of bites were both from bed bugs. If I can remember where I read the article, I will post the link.

5. Tadisbak

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Jul 26 2008 19:57:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Typically, how long do the bumps last?

6. Bites44

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 27 2008 10:59:16
    #

Login to Send PM

It seems to me my bites have changed over the months.
    At first they were only small pin pricks on the arms, about 30 or more. I am 100% sure these are BB, as I did see some bugs in my bed and bedroom.
    These small pin pricks did not itch, and the marks are still there, after 8 months, but are now fading. I believe the marks can last a long time.

Later I got welts on my jaw line and forehead. These itched only a little for a few hours, and faded quite quickly (within 3 days.)

Also I have gotten bites on the palms of my hands, these are definitely bites of some kind, as the pin prick is surrounded by a whiteish welt. They itch for a few hours, but are still noticeable after several weeks.

From all the response on this forum, it appears to me that bites differ for everyone
    --Some itch, some do not-- some are tiny pricks, some are huges and itchy--some become infected. I find it good to know the different responses from members.

Then of course we cannot forget that so many people do not have a reaction at all and do not know they have been bitten.

7. Tadisbak

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Jul 29 2008 12:12:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Slowly but surely they're going down.

Thanks for all the help.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago