Are these BB bites?

(6 posts)
  1. audiojunky

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 0:37:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I have several photos over the last two months showing varying #s of bites/bumps looking like this.. sometimes smaller sometimes bigger. Do these look like BB bites?

I have not been able to find a BB, but continually finding these marks every morning in some form has brought me to my wits end and am convinced that a PCO should treat for BB.

2. audiojunky

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 0:38:46
    #

Login to Send PM

For an easier click to the URL:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2lc2q1v.jpg

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 2:00:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Post rescued from spam filter. Shouldn't happen again, sorry audiojunky.

To answer your question -- could be, but nobody can diagnose bed bugs based on the appearance of a skin reaction. Not even a doctor.

You need to find bed bugs, cast skins, eggs, or fecal stains (note: blood stains are not the same). Check out the bed bug photos page for various types of evidence, and the FAQs.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. audiojunky

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 2:12:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I was just reading here some information about carpet beetle hairs and people having reactions to them. While I have not been able to find any solid evidence of BB aside from pictures of my "bites", I HAVE found a carpet beetle. I showed it to my building management and they sent someone out to spray for them.

The strange part about the "bites" are that they always seem to be on my sides, upper shoulders or back. They also traditionally show up in the morning. Could carpet beetle hairs be flying through the air (if stirred by a space heater or something) and get under my clothes to cause a reaction? (Seems kind of far-fetched??)

If I've confirmed carpet beetles and that should be my focus- what procedures do you follow for getting rid of carpet beetles that are different then BB procedures?

Thanks

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 3:14:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I am not an expert, so perhaps one of the pros will have suggestions. Keep in mind you may want to monitor for bed bugs too, just in case. Simply having carpet beetles does not mean you're allergic to them and does not rule out the possibility of bed bugs-- and an early bed bug infestation can be hard to detect.

You can find FAQs about monitors in the FAQs section about detecting bed bugs.

6. Fed-up over being Fed-on

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon May 28 2012 19:48:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Combining your explaination of recent events and the familiar patter of 3 bites (breakfast, lunch, dinner) I would say there is a good chance you may have bed bugs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie