Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Are there any bed bugs that are resistant to Cimexa?

(6 posts)
  1. Bugsy18

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 21:20:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I know that there are different strains of bed bugs (or believe I read that somewhere at some point) and that over the years they may have developed immunity to different types of chemicals.

Is there any research supporting a strain of bedbug that is resistant to Cimexa?

2. Ombugsman

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Mar 9 2017 22:07:01
    #

Login to Send PM

No, CimeXa has killed all resistant strains in lab tests. That said, there was a study which showed at half the labeled rate, Cimexa took longer to kill the resistant strain (which had a thicker cuticle) versus the non-resistant strain. At the labeled rate in that study, Cimexa killed both the resistant and non-resistant strains in the same amount of time. This study shows there might be some concern if bed bugs continue to develop thicker cuticles.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5198222/

3. Rick_C123

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 15:28:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I would suspect that a bedbug that evolved a thicker cuticle would need to be a more aggressive feeder. For a BB to "buff" up, it would need more food and energy to develop.

And if a BB developed more of a drive to eat, would that also mean it is more prone to starvation if it didn't get enough food to support cuticle building? Maybe it loses interest in reproduction as well?

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 15:35:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Bugsy18 - 1 year ago  » 
    Is there any research supporting a strain of bedbug that is resistant to Cimexa?

It doesn't affect the dead ones.

5. Rick_C123

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 15:37:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Ha!

6. Rick_C123

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Dec 5 2018 15:46:35
    #

Login to Send PM

But I do find it interesting that BBs will avoid certain dusts and chemicals... as the graphics in this tracking study depict:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5620703/

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

283,867 posts in 47,243 topics over 145 months by 20,836 of 21,126 members. Latest: pinkfoxes, Tomwilson28, aeb19