Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Are the bedbugs gone? Asked for quotes for dogs, guess how much they asked?

(5 posts)
  1. martyAua

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 11:02:31
    #

Login to Send PM

So We had bedbugs last October, signs, bites, shed skin etc. Then DE, steam, vacuum, wash and dry and finally Cimexa, we thought they were gone. So 4 months later I thought it was safe for the kids to sleep again in their room and woke up with two marks on their cheeks and one on the hand. So were they never gone? I asked a quote for a sniffing dog, I thought it could be the only way to tell if they were still there. For a 3 bedroom house I got a quote of more than 500 euros!!!! Come on, really? How long will it take, 1/2 hour? An hour? 500 euros an hour is crazy.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 11:15:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sadly the cost is not the main draw back, many of the EU teams don’t vidually confirm alerts and that leads to false positives. I would suggest you have a look at the static content about K9 services and make an educated decision.

It was actually my company that first trained dogs in Europe and we retired them when we developed faster and more cost effective solutions. We could get 100 hotel rooms per day from a two dog team and handler but my humans regularly do 140+ in fewer hours with greater accuracy.

It’s one of the reasons why dogs are not as popular in the EU as they are in the US.

But yes 500 euro is not what I would consider a fair price, we charge significantly less tha. That to actually treat and eradicate bedbugs.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. SalsaVince

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 12:42:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Am I understanding you correctly that you discovered bed bugs 4 months ago and began cleaning and self treating that room but no one slept in it from that point on? If that's the case, then nothing would have been drawing out the bugs to walk into your treatments or dusts. That's why it is important to continue using the rooms where the bugs are so that they will the affected by the treatment and contain them to one area. A cheaper alternative which is very effective for monitoring is to use passive monitors and climb up interceptors on and near the bed, but again, they only work if someone is still sleeping in the bed.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  4. martyAua

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 14:27:54
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince yes that's correct, I moved the kids (2 and 4) to my room and we slept for 4 months in my bed with homemade interceptors dusted with Cimexa (just in case). I know the right thing to do would have been staying in that room but at the time I wasn't very aware of the "to do list" in case of bedbugs. And by the time I realized I made a mistake by moving I thought the BB would have followed us (our room is in front of my kids room, literally 2 meters away). I'm not even sure if Winter played a role here, since the rooms upstairs have no heating and the temperature was an average 14 degrees. The big problem here is that we have an awful floor, with very loose floorboards, plaster walls with holes everywhere and even the ceiling could be a perfect hiding spot for them! That's why I'm living in this situation where we might have BB or not, I just can't say and it's frustrating!

5. martyAua

newbite

Posted 6 days ago
    Tue Mar 12 2019 14:32:00
    #

Login to Send PM

David, yes I agree. I did my research and I know K9 is not 100% accurate, I just thought I could give it a go but obviously not for so much money! I think my strategy is to wait and see, another big problem is that I never get any reactions, so I don't want to use my kids as lab rats to see if the BB are still here. I will probably sleep with the interceptor for the next 12 months, hoping they'll be gone by the next year!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

286,253 posts in 47,652 topics over 147 months by 21,005 of 21,326 members. Latest: scaredincanada, BleuRoses, mab1017