Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Are The Antenna Attacted To The Cast Skins?

(3 posts)
  1. i hate buggs

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 0:42:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I Found What I Think Is A Cast Skin But The Antennas Is Still Attacted ??? Is That Possible Or Is It A Dead One Because Cast Skins Dont Shed With The Antennas ??? Thanks

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 11:18:56
    #

Login to Send PM

The entire outer skin is shed in one piece. There are demarcation lines on the immature bed bugs where the breaks occur and from which the next instar nymph or adult insect emerges. So, yes, legs, antennae, beak are all parts of the skin so these are on the shed skin. Parts can break off, obviously, either during or after the molt and may not appear on the shed skin. Look at some close ups that I've posted http://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/5424452420/in/photostream

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. i hate buggs

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Apr 15 2012 23:56:18
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 12 hours ago  » 
    The entire outer skin is shed in one piece. There are demarcation lines on the immature bed bugs where the breaks occur and from which the next instar nymph or adult insect emerges. So, yes, legs, antennae, beak are all parts of the skin so these are on the shed skin. Parts can break off, obviously, either during or after the molt and may not appear on the shed skin. Look at some close ups that I've posted http://www.flickr.com/photos/lou_bugs_pix/5424452420/in/photostream

Thank you, that helps alot

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,636 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback