Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Are my electronics, TV's, Gaming Computer safe during heat treatment?

(4 posts)
  1. coleyjo

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jun 17 2019 18:04:28
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm having heat treatment done Wednesday and I'm concerned my computers, Televisions, and my son's gaming computer (which has open elements) will be damaged.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jun 18 2019 9:14:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I would ask the technician just to make sure, but most heat treatments do not exceed 170 degrees so there shouldn't be an issue.

3. Tim m

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jun 18 2019 12:33:23
    #

Login to Send PM

The company that did my heat treatment covered my tv and computer with a heat shield. Unfortunately my Xbox one didn't survive the treatment it never got covered.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jun 18 2019 12:57:21
    #

Login to Send PM

The only heat shields I've ever used were simple ductboard boxes to cover the fire suppression units, and even then it was only a concern of the heat rising and lingering at the ceiling level.
    I've had my cellphone turn itself off because of the heat, a built in safety feature, but once cooled it came on and had no issues. That was an experiment in my decon box which runs at a base temperature of 156 degrees.
    When treating in newer construction multi-unit buildings with fire suppression units I believe the sensor threshold is between 160 and 170 degrees. That leaves plenty of room to work without setting off the sprinklers or damaging contents in the house.
    The only electronic equipment that I've damaged in a heat treatment was a TV a few years back. I knocked it off the table accidentally which cracked the screen.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,319 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto