Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Are delayed reactions consistent or random?

(5 posts)
  1. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 16:59:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I was wondering about delayed reactions and if they occur in one person, if they would continue to occur consistently. For example, if I had a 3-day delayed reaction, then the next day would new bites also be from 3 days before? Etc. or is there no predictable pattern?

One woman wrote of staying in a hostel and being exposed for 3 days, and a week later getting 3 days of bites. So I was wondering if this is common for travelers with isolated exposure, or if someone could be getting new bites for several days even from one day of biting, or one day of reaction from more than one day of bites, or other variations?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 17:35:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't think this has been tested so I don't think anyone can do anything but speculate.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. NY Bug Man

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 17:39:04
    #

Login to Send PM

The "reactions" have a lot to do with the histamines your body releases. Everyone is different, every bite could be a difference time frame and some may not even show. I think a broad study on insect bites would have to be done to give you a more accurate answer. As far as i know these is no definitive answer on that.

The best thing for any suspicious parties is to have a professional inspection performed by a reputable company.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 26 2014 18:03:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

As it's unethical to test on people we can only look at the data available and seek common patterns. The problem is that there are multiple classes if reaction and also multiple mechanisms of reaction.

While it may seem logical to work out what group you are in that can only be done through controlled exposure and the collection of data. Now at this stage you need to ask yourself if getting bitten in order to work out the answer is something you think is an acceptable trade off? For most it's not and it's actually a subject it's possible to over analyse.

To be clear I mean that in some people the over fixation on a question you can logically work out becomes the "seed" of anxiety and the more you think about it the layer the anxiety becomes. It's a more common human pattern in some forms of communication.

Although it is by definition "easier to say than do" focusing on what you can do rather than trying to work out the impossible makes for better mental health during a stressful time.

Hope that makes sense.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. testytraveler

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Dec 28 2014 11:18:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes David that makes sense, and thanks everyone for the comments. I guess it's one of those life ironies that an issue like this would happen to an already anxious, OCD-type person...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,305 posts in 50,167 topics over 155 months by 21,928 of 22,425 members. Latest: xterra888, MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies