Apartment two floors down has bed bugs!

(3 posts)
  1. avoidavoid

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 4 2011 17:11:54
    #

Login to Send PM

I am going crazy! The apartment two floors below me and at the opposite side of the building has bed bugs! I talked to my super and he said it's the first time since he's worked here. The building seems on-top of things and takes care of the property. They treated the apartment and the adjoining ones, but that is all i know. The mattress is still on the curb outside!

I bought an encasement for my pillows and mattress, but not my mini-box spring (it's about 4 inches tall). I applied double sides tape under my front door and taped around outlets. I have a dog and carry him in and out of the apartment. What else can I do to protect my unit? It's only a studio, plus bathroom and kitchen.

My dad is telling me not to worry and that I am far enough away - but who knows! I don't want to take any risks.

2. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 4 2011 18:28:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome, AA. This infestation's distance from your unit, plus the management's being proactive give me reason to suggest that this infestation should concern, but not terrify, you. In the near future, every apartment house of significant size will need to deal with BB somewhere on the premises. How they deal with it will make the difference between a decent quality of life and a nightmare. Meanwhile, you can arm yourself by becoming knowledgeable about BB, what they are and are not, how to prevent, detect and beat them. Our FAQ page is the best place to start.

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  3. jrbtnyc

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 4 2011 18:56:04
    #

Login to Send PM

cilecto - 27 minutes ago  » 
    ... Our FAQ page is the best place to start.

In case of any doubt, you can reach the FAQ page here...

http://bedbugger.com/faqs

...which is the same as going to the top of this page and clicking where you see it says « BED BUG FAQS » .

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,482 posts in 49,272 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk