Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Anyone Used the U.S. Version of Polti's Cimex Eradicator? Pros? Anyone?

(7 posts)
  1. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Oct 31 2015 12:20:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Now that Polti's Cimex Eradicator has been in the States for awhile, wondering if anyone has used the U.S. version, or has direct knowledge of anyone else using the device here? Other than the price, sounds great on paper, yet there has been no mention here that I'm aware of the U.S. version, either it in terms of use or efficacy. Pros? Anyone?

Richard

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 1 2015 0:55:46
    #

Login to Send PM

It sounds like you suspect the Cimex Eradicator for sale in the U.S. Is different than the model sold in Europe or elsewhere. Is that correct and if so, what's that concern based on?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 1 2015 2:49:15
    #

Login to Send PM

NB: It sounds like you suspect the Cimex Eradicator for sale in the U.S. Is different than the model sold in Europe or elsewhere. Is that correct and if so, what's that concern based on?
    -------------------------------
    That's not my primary concern here. I just thought now that the Cimex Eradicator has been available in the U.S. for awhile, that there might be more people, pros and otherwise, who can give additional feedback, either from personal use, or perhaps they know someone who has used the product. But yes, the wattage is different in the U.S. version, which doesn't necessarily mean it functions any differently, but again that is not my primary concern here.

Richard

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 1 2015 19:48:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay.

It would be interesting to see both pros and consumers report back on more products.

5. OBugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 25 2015 6:41:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi - this is a very helpful thread, as I've been thinking very seriously about investing in a Polti Eradicator. The main reasons for this are a) we have been reluctant to go down a chemical route as we have a cat who unfortunately has asthma (and I know from experience that cats can sometimes react unpredictably to chemicals and disinfectants) - likewise, we are using diatomaceous earth, but only in "safe" areas, and sparingly.

b) We first saw signs of infestation in mum's room: she is in her 90s and bed-bound most of the time. This is a hospital bed with two pressure-relieving pumped matresses and various other bits of medical equipment. I suspect that bugs somehow inside the bed itself (?but where?). As she has 2 agency carers visit 4 times a day, which is how I think we got infested, I think chances of re-/ongoing infestation are fairly high.

c) We live in an old house, inhabited for 60+ years by the same family - and with too much old family clutter! Reducing this, and tackling all the potential cracks and crevices of an older property is not going to be a quick job, but we're working on it.

So, given that I think we're looking at ongoing work to tackle the problem, which I think is in at least 3 rooms, one being effectively a hospital room, the expense of a CE looks like a reasonable investment - ? ?

C
  6. OBugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Nov 25 2015 10:29:18
    #

Login to Send PM

... looking around, there appear to be two versions available via UK sellers: Amazon has PTGB0046 at £469.99 while another seller has PTEU0234 at £416.19 or £345.99 with health-related VAT exemption. Obviously the latter is tempting and I'm assuming these are just "GB" and "EU" versions ... does anyone know if there are any differences please?

7. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Dec 4 2015 19:13:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Compare the technical specs and accessories, if any. If they are the same, then it's the same unit.

I was really hoping for feedback from someone who has used the unit (and preferably the U.S. version) other than the few European pros who have a relationship with the company. So far, no other users have responded, either pro or consumer.

Maybe bumping this up will get some new feedback.

Richard

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,685 posts in 50,015 topics over 155 months by 21,869 of 22,351 members. Latest: pleasestop, paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me