Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Anyone used nuvan, ddvp strips to treat belongings in an apartment?

(5 posts)
  1. Nobuggersplease

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Aug 26 2017 21:59:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

So there is a bed bug situation in my apartment. I have a PCO coming in a few days but my belongings won't be getting treated (landlord is paying, this is the first treatment).
    I found a dead bb in a book along with some shedding and possibly eggs so i want to treat all the books to be safe.
    I wanted to use nuvan strips in 3mil construction grade bags for my belongings. I know if you are using it to treat a room, the room needs to be unoccupied. However I haven't been able to get clarification on using it in a sealed bag/container.
    If using in a sealed bag/container, can the room that it is in be occupied?
    If I seal my belongings and the strip in a second bag, over the original sealed one am I safe to sleep in the room?

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Aug 26 2017 22:13:54
    #

Login to Send PM

If the bag with DDVP inside is sealed in an airtight manner, then I believe it's possible the bag can be in an occupied space. You have to make sure it remains airtight-- people with kids or cats might have trouble, for example. Others may also feel better
    if it's in a closed closet on top of being sealed, for example.

I am not an expert but you should read some threads tagged DDVP-- look for those by P bello who is an expert on bed bugs and on Nuvan Prostrips (brand of DDVP):
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/tags/ddvp

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. bugged-cdn

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Aug 26 2017 22:34:06
    #

Login to Send PM

We used them in contractor's garbage bags but it was in a bedroom that we kept sealed for the duration.

4. Nobuggersplease

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sun Aug 27 2017 0:28:39
    #

Login to Send PM

No kids and no pets. The bags will mainly be left alone for that week or 2.
    I also have ziploc big bags that I can put my stuff and the strip in and fhen put that in a contractor bag but I'm not sure if that is any better. Any input on this?
    Sealing the bedroom unfortunately isn't an option for me.

5. nomorebuggs

Posted 11 months ago
    Sun Aug 27 2017 9:48:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobuggersplease - 9 hours ago  » 
    No kids and no pets. The bags will mainly be left alone for that week or 2.<br /

If you search ddvp, nuvan or hotshot strips here you will find lots of threads about them. Most reccomend at least two weeks to ensure eggs or hatched nymphs are killed. I'm no expert, but one week is probably not long enough just in case.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,552 posts in 45,813 topics over 139 months by 20,174 of 20,973 members. Latest: busbugs, jklyczek, Thisguy97