Anyone know what this is? Found along with a bedbug in bed. [a: not bed bug]

(5 posts)
  1. tinypest

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 16:19:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I had to take my camera and try to get a good lined up view through my microscope so sorry for the poor shot. The bug is the same size give or take as bedbug only its long, hairy appears to have 2 claw like features on its jaw (i forget what they are called) similar to a beetle and looks to be 2 different colors. The following 2 images are kind of similar to what it reminds me of and one is a bedbug supposedly and the other just says "common brown house bug".

My Picture -
    For bigger view - https://imgur.com/a/fN6Ex

- kind of looks like the bottom one.

also reminds me of this "common brown house bug" w/e it may be.

2. misery

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 16:52:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Google "carpet beetle larvae" and compare.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. tinypest

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Sep 25 2016 17:24:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok thanks. I just found another one not far from yet another lone bedbug on my mattress cover. Unfortunately they are really fragile and i squished it with my microscope on accident. They are full of clear milky substance. I wonder why im finding them around the bedbugs. I thought at first maybe it was a bedbug that had just got out of an egg sack. But now that I have checked out some more images of a carpet beetle and its larvae it looks like we most likely have a match.

This is the first time I am dealing with bedbugs. Im really frustrated and freaked out. I just wish I knew how they got here.. I have suspicion i brought them back from the hospital over a year ago.. Their wall next to the bed had a few and i pointed it out only to be told I was wrong. Right.. Really sickens me that people just want to let such a nasty problem go and ignore it until it becomes something of an issue and they are forced to do something about it.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2016 1:45:11
    #

Login to Send PM

The following 2 images are kind of similar to what it reminds me of and one is a bedbug supposedly and the other just says "common brown house bug".

None of those images contain bed bugs as far as I can see.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2016 7:46:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like Anthrenus verbasci larvae (carpet beetle).

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,940 posts in 49,855 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19