Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Anyone have luck with Vikane Gas?

(8 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2008 11:48:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I think we may have to try this next. Esp. with the car! Bedbugsandbeyond any good?
    THanks

2. Adele

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2008 16:05:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Itchy - they are EXCELLENT!!!

3. homelessartist

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2008 16:59:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Does anyone in NY offer a sealed room or van into which you can place your furniture for treatment before you move?

4. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Sun Jul 13 2008 19:12:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks. I am going to try them on my car at least.

5. Adele

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 13:44:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Itchy - I can speak from experience on this one - unless you are EXTREMELY careful and lord knows I tried to be - if you just vikane your car and you still are infested at home or work or elsewhere - you MAY reinfest your car again

despite my best precautions - my infestation was so pervasive that I could not keep them out of my car

it wasn't until I had EVERYTHING vikaned at once that I was able to rid them from my car

Adele

6. termbugs

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 22:38:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I looked up Itchy and could not find it on Yahoo Yellow Pages. A little help please. I have things in a self storage locker, at my father's, at my boyfriend's fathers. When we go and unbag anything a new bite shows up so I am just leaving everything else where it is. We both had exterminators come without a follow up I see now that was a mistake. I would like to treat everything from all the different locations and as I am paranoid put it all together in a new storage locker somewhere else for 18 months.

7. termbugs

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 22:39:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Also,would like to know if this gas is effective as my sister is my babysitter and she mentioned she just got bit in her car today. I am urging her to be aggressive early since we know what it is.

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Jul 14 2008 22:42:55
    #

Login to Send PM

termbugs,

Click "vikane" in the "tags" at top right on THIS page and you will see many discussions by people who used vikane gas either to gas their possessions (a.k.a. "commodity fumigation," which seems to be what you hope to do) or their entire homes.

Also, see FAQs under "treatment" for a FAQ on vikane gas fumigation.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,805 posts in 49,808 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991