Anyone have input in fire ants?

(4 posts)
  1. Helppleasee

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 9:45:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys! So we have fire ants,
    Everywhere, mounds in our yard, and now they’re swarming in the bathroom. I did read an article saying fire ants eat bed bugs, and that they could be indicative of bb’s but that’s probably a crock of soo doo right?
    Anywho, does anyone know what we can do about them? They’re in all our rooms and my kids get the itchy pustules and I’ve only gotten bit once

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 10:26:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Nasty bites, I hate those little guys. As for an indicator of bed bugs, I don't think so. I eat pizza, but if I'm around I wouldn't get your hopes up on a free meal.
    While they may eat bed bugs, with their nasty bite I would imagine they could have their pick of almost anything available. And seeing as bed bugs tend to set up residence in your bed, couch, etc... if there are fire ants eating those bed bugs, you've got a bigger problem.
    I've never had much issue getting rid of any ants with standard, store-bought products. In Florida ants a common occurrence; when it doesn't rain enough they come in, when it rains too hard they come in...

3. Helppleasee

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 17:24:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Absolutely terrible little things, my kids have gotten bit like crazy. We just bought some stuff for them and praying they work, I just don’t get how we get rid of their mounds, maybe just pour a bottle of insecticide down it and hope they don’t disperse/ chase after me.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Sep 6 2019 23:45:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I think Home Depot or Lowes have granules for fire ants in the lawn section.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82