Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Anyone have experience with Delta Pest Control in Toronto?

(3 posts)
  1. JaysFan49

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 10 2016 20:11:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys,

so I got a K9 inspection that confirmed my suspicion that my basement apartment has bed bugs (happy thanksgiving to me!)

Been having a bit of a hardtime getting the landlords to take responsibility for treatment but they have finally agreed and are planning on using a company called Delta Pest Control. The website is here and the bed bug treatment is listed as:

Thorough inspection of all households items (beds, frames, dressers, sofas, pictures, mirrors, etc.)
      Vacuuming of all floors, carpets, baseboards, mattresses, bedframes, sofas, etc.
      4 level hepa-filter system safe to use in hospitals – zero particle release – allergens/asthma
      Removal of live/dead bugs & eggs
      Crack & crevice spray treatment
      Dusting of all electrical outlets in infested areas
      Written guarantees
      All products used or all chemicals used are registered with the Ministry of the Environment.

so my questions are.
    1. does any one have experience with this company (can't find any reviews online)
    2. does the above sound like an appropriate plan of action

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Oct 10 2016 22:31:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know the company. If you're interested, you may find recommendations which have been tagged "Toronto PCOs" by clicking the tag I added above.

I am not a pro but two things to note are that dusts are commonly used, but not just in electrical outlets.

Additionally, many PCOs who use sprays/dusts will use dry vapor steam to treat thoroughly first. That can be a good step also as it may remove or kill many bed bugs/eggs before the sprays and dusts are left down for stragglers to walk through.

I hope that helps!

Did the k9 team show you visual evidence of bed bugs?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. JaysFan49

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Oct 11 2016 9:19:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the response. Yeah I got visual confirmation.
    And yeah there are other PCO's I would much rather go with, but I am kind of at the mercy of my landlord on this one.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid