Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

anyone have bites that do not itch but when pressed on it feels "sore"?

(7 posts)
  1. tiredofbedbugs

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 0:17:19
    #

Login to Send PM

hi again- i was just wondering if anyone had bites where generally they do not every itch but when poked at with your finger (not with fingernail) it hurts? well, not HURT but more like sore?

My bf's bites before were "sore" as well. never itchy.
    I'm just trying to figure out now if we have bb anymore if we ever did have bb's... I've been asking the experts here on line but they think i dont have bb or ever had them..

It's hard to digest only because seeing like 80 bite marks on your body seems really odd to be just some regular old house insect(s). Also since first time it happened in the bedroom and then days later on the couches (because we slept on the couches in fear of our bed... we were ignorant then)

2. flabergasted

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 1:19:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing about bites is odd. If these are BB bites you are a non-reactor.

Do you own a dog? The reason I ask is flea bites just leave a mark and can be very sore not itchy. They don't effect humans like animals.

3. bait

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 8:03:53
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't experienced that.

4. wchicago

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 10:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

hi tired
    my bed bug bites are itchy, but if they blister, then they get sore. then again, my flea bites were ALSO itchy (yup, i've had a flea infestation before too - bugs generally find me delicious. also i've always had pets).
    so i think it could depend on how your own immune system responds to bites. that said, i think twitchy scratchy on the board reported non itchy bed bug bites (left a mark but weren't really itchy), so i don't think its unheard of.

5. twitchyscratchy

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 11:16:23
    #

Login to Send PM

hi tired,

yes, i have had non-itchy bites that were definitely bites. in fact, only a small percentage of my bites ever itched, and when they did, it was a burning sort of itch that came on very suddenly and subsided very quickly (within an hour or so). i can't say the rest of them hurt per se... i don't think i pressed on them. but, they did not itch either. if your skin is swollen due to the bites, it would make sense that it would hurt a little.

my partner has also recently been getting spots that are raised and red, but not itchy.

6. freakedoutandbroke

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Jan 21 2010 23:51:33
    #

Login to Send PM

My mom is pretty sure she unwittingly battle bedbugs last year... her bites were very sore, and usually lined up along the side she slept on, on the exposed skin. I had about 6 possible bites so far, and a couple were "sore" a couple were very itchy like a mosquito bite and one was just a giant red welt. Not sure if I had multiple types of reactions, or some of those weren't BB bites, or what. Also, consider that spiders or other things could be biting you.

7. djyang

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Jul 23 2014 22:58:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the same exact bites! A few days ago, I woke up with one my left thigh. No itch, but the radius of the redness was about 1 inch all around the bite. No white center and there was a little swelling. The second day, it was even more sore so I put some ointment on it and patched it up. That helped it and it went away. Just yesterday night, I woke up with 2 more bites--one on each thigh. For some reason, the bites on my thigh are big and sore, and they only seem to bite my thigh. I think it's weird because both my legs were sticking outside of my sheets when I was asleep. I thought I would get bites on my shins or ankles too, but nope. Only thighs. The bite is a little hard when pressed on too. I don't know what it could be. I live in the Metro Detroit area of Michigan. Let me know if anyone finds out anything.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,816 posts in 49,812 topics over 154 months by 21,801 of 22,267 members. Latest: Purplebrain, MrBedbug, Pioneer47