Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Anyone else here been misdiagnosed as folliculitis...and what to do next?

(1 post)
  1. hopeitsnotbugs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Feb 12 2018 15:52:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I went to a derm this morning, who diagnosed me with folliculits. I do think this is a possibility with at least some of the bumps I have. For example, I have one on my neck that I know is not a bite, but did not really itch like some of the other spots. I have 4 spots on my stomach, left hip and low back, one on the inside of my knee and one of by my toe. Those are the spots I was wondering about, especially because the one on the foot looked like a small bite at first and they all were itchy for almost a week. It is possible that it's folliculits around my torso, since I often wear compression and/or high-waist leggings while exercising and get sweaty and those spots were often irritated by the waistband of my pants. However, my son had two bites each--one on the top of each foot. These were clearly bites and he reacted just the same way as when he gets a mosquito bite. Interestingly, before he complained of them itching I saw something flying in our kitchen and thought "What is that? A pantry moth? A mosquito?" It had been unseasonably warm those few days. In any case, we've inspected both my new used car (which I thought was the source of bugs) couch and beds and have come up with nothing. Oh, these "bites" appeared almost 2-3 weeks ago, and no other obvious bites since. Also, because we live on a larger lot with lots of plants and vegetation (as well as our own "lettuce garden" in a bedroom upstairs) and near a forest preserve, we do get a lot of bugs and spiders in our house.

I also want to know what are the best preventative measures to ensure there aren't bed begs. How effective are the interceptors? I placed some under our bed 1 1/2 weeks ago and have come up with nothing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,645 posts in 44,807 topics over 137 months by 19,666 of 20,369 members. Latest: PeterJensen, DamselInBugDistress, Pleasehelp12