Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

anyone else have trouble with Nightwatch refund ?

(8 posts)
  1. pleasenotme

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Apr 7 2009 19:40:37
    #

Login to Send PM

I pre-ordered the Nightwatch, and am having trouble getting a refund for the deposit I put down. Anyone else?

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Apr 8 2009 8:12:10
    #

Login to Send PM

They say end of April now I certainly hope it's worth the wait and wait and wait.

3. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Apr 8 2009 19:16:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Where did you order it from? I know The Bed Bug Shop has started the process of refunding deposits that they took since they are now closed and Night Watch is not in sight.

If it was them that you ordered it from you should contact them directly info@bedbugshop.ca

I am sure they will help.

Sean.

4. pleasenotme

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Apr 8 2009 20:23:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I got my refund after all. All is well.
    I wonder why the Nightwatch never did come out?

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Wed Apr 8 2009 23:30:52
    #

Login to Send PM

I can't speak to the Nightwatch's delay, but I am frustrated that the CDC 3000 with three replacement CO2 tanks and 3 slides is going for $995 on the Cimex Science site.

A few days ago, I thought I checked and saw a lower price there. The bed bug shop was selling it for even less when they closed, but not a lot less.

Before the CDC 3000 came out, I seem to remember reading it would be around $600. That may have come from the company's website.

I hope prices come down in time.

Although it is not meant for the consumer market, it can certainly be a tool for people who might otherwise pay for repeated visits by a dog team. (And I am not saying it is as good as a good dog team, but it's another option.) But $1000 is too much for even the types of consumers who would have bought a monitor.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. pleasenotme

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 9 2009 6:56:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah that price seems way put of line to me.

7. thebedbugresource

old timer

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 9 2009 18:35:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

As nobugs stated this product was never intended for homeowners or the general public. It was designed as a precision scientific instrument to be used by pest professionals. There are many tools pest control professionals use that are in the $1,000-2,000 range. In fact, there are many tools used by many tradespeople that are above the $1,000 mark.

It is not at all uncommon for the price of an item to be much higher when it first comes out as it is more expensive to produce it in smaller quantities. As more and more units are sold the price will likely come down.

DVD players used to be over $1,000 when they first came out; now you can go to WalMart and buy one for less than $50.

Is it worth the price?

From a pest control professional's perspective; absolutely.

Would I buy one as a home owner for $1,000; probably not. But then again, bugs don't freak me out. If I had unexplained bites and was convinced that I had bed bugs and my PCO was not finding them then perhaps the $1,000 would be worth my sanity. Hard to say.

Sincerely,

Sean
    Entomologist/Pest Professional
    http://www.bedbugresource.com

8. BakedBedBugs

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Apr 9 2009 19:10:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I have one. I paid less than that for it, but I think it will prove to be invaluable.

Tony Canevaro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,715 posts in 48,877 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver