Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

Anyone else been bitten for MONTHS & had enough of it? :-( :-(

(19 posts)
  1. cazzap06

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 14 2012 17:10:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry , but once again am sitting here after been bitten again just when I thought I was nearly on top of the situation...

That seems to happen all the time , just when I think am nearly out of the woods , BAM , back in the woods worse than ever!!!

Been itching & scratching as always & treated myself to a onesie , thinking I would feel more secure in one even IF they bit my face which I was still hoping they wouldn't do as like I said after 4 treatments plus self treating with DE etc I THOUGHT I was nearly on top of it in the bedroom @ least!!!

Nope , found MULTIPLE bites on me this evening , classic rows of three plus some other new random ones all over which means they must have crawled into my onsie to bite me

Christmas coming up , still don't know if I've infested my daughters place so don't know if Christmas is on or off but can't even bear the thought of spending Chritmas on my own with these bugs , but for NOW am going to watch a sad film which makes me cry as it was helping before to watch comedies while sitting on my own every night in this situation , but for today I actually want to see something about human suffering & compassion etc to relate to those who are having it tough too as it will actually make me feel better as I don't feel like laughing tonight for sure & being on my own in this is making me really miserable too

I KNEW it would be a nightmare if I had them @ my place as just the whole structure of the place with cracks & crevices everywhere , very old Victorian building with loads of places to hide , lots of clutter & junk unfortunately , old wooden furniture , massive rooms , stuff in every room including books & lots of cardboard boxes of toys & stuff for my new place , if I ever get there @ this rate!

Pest control coming for 5th visit on Tuesday , still not holding out much hope as not thrilled with their action so far ... Social Services involved now & possible counselling for the trauma

If you wanna TORTURE someone stick them in solitary confinement for months with bed bugs & see what condition they will be in @ the end of it ........ NOT a pretty sight!!!

2. arianacassie

Posted 6 years ago
    Fri Dec 14 2012 18:12:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Its horrible, the time of year everyone should be visiting and having fun. Champagne, cookies, presents........bedbugs . We are a family of 5. I have 3 kids. Since september no one has been allowed over lol which means also not going to peoples homes. This year Christmas will be without friends. I just keep thinking next year will be better. I will rid my house of these things and next Christmas i will throw a massive party and get really drunk toasting all the little buggers i have killed . Its a blip in my life that will make me stronger in the end. Sometimes alone is good it makes you appreciate the people around you more. I had hoped we would hit day 60 by xmas but have found a new small infestation in "the room" So we are now at day oh i dont know maybe 15 no sightings., no bites. I figure by spring we can resume life (fingers crossed) I have told my kids its like being a bear and staying home for the winter lol It will be over , you will never stop looking for them but you will feel comfortable in you home again . Watch the movie grandmas Boy its a piss and guarantees a smile

3. state3

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Dec 23 2012 11:52:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I too, am completely @ my wits end. Have been struggling with the first bite & itching all over since August. I am a day to day tipped waiter, barely getting by, & can only afford to self treat w/DE. Have encased king bed & springs in quality product, but the last week they've really been biting. 3 DEFINITE sets of 3-5 bites in a straight line, when before they were random & pics I submitted on here were referred to as medical in nature.
    I have been lucky to have torso, buttock, arm, finger bites/reactions, as I'm sure I'd be questioned @ my restaurant if they were visible, & I wrap comforter around my face w/ only room to breath sleeping(when I can) to prevent any bites there. Seems to work.
    Have been really itching/feeling bites on my days off (mon-tue) & they delay show up by Friday every time.
    Can't find a bug. At wits end. I give up. Too poor for a PCO. I don't have the energy to fight anymore & no one to talk to.
    Feel like I could die from insanity, exhaustion, & 30+ pound weight loss from anxiety in past 3-months.
    GOD bless us all.

4. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Dec 23 2012 20:22:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey guys I'm in the same boat as you. Very sad seeing my people on my block with holiday decoration up and christmas lights all over the outside of their houses , people in joyous moods and me lonely no lights or Xmas trees in my home this year. If you walked into my house you would not even realize its Christmas time. Very sad. The grinch did not steal Xmas this year the bed bugs did.

Question to State3 you wrote you feel itchiness 2 or so days before your bites show up did I read this correctly? If so I believe Im having the same problem. Let me know.
    Thanks
    Rob

5. 907momma

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 12:33:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Rob,
    It took one day for my son's bites and itching to appear, and two days for myself.

6. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 12:50:37
    #

Login to Send PM

hi 907momma

I read what you wrote. Did you and your son feel the itching and one or two days later the bite appeared?

Ie_ currently my inner left forearm feels itchy but i find no red bite(s) marks based on my previous experience id feel itchy look see nothing then about 1 day later sometimes id find one or sometimes even 3 bites in a row were i felt the itching a day before

Does this happen to you?

Thanks
    Rob
    Sorry for your and your sons suffering.
    Children suffering because of these hideous bed bugs makes me sad when i hear about it.

7. 907momma

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 12:58:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Rob, YES! We would start the scratching or rubbing at the irritated spot and for my son, the next day he would present with bites in the same area.. Two days of phantom scratching reveled the bites on me.
    That being said. The old bite marks are still itchy as well. I see him scratching and grab the flashlight for a paranoid inspection, only find find he's messing with scars.

8. bedbugsuptown

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 13:16:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry guys, this is the saddest thread I've read lately, glad 907momma posted bringing it to the top.

@arianacassie--you got the right stuff. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger straight up.

@state3--read a little on your back post and understand that it's very possible your bites are a medical issue and not bbs. As I'm sure you already know the fact that you have seen nothing bb related, ie- live bugs (or dead) cast skins, fecal matter, or eggs points to the medical skin condition given the time that has passed without physical signs of a bedbug infestation

I realize things are terrible today job wise, but just a thought. Would it be possible to think about finding a job however low the pay that includes free medical coverage? Easier said than done, 'eh?
    My only other thought, that is if you haven't already thunk (lol) it would be a sliding scale clinic or hospital with a dermatology clinic that will work with you financially. If you don't live in a metropolitan area, I don't know what's available. I just pray (literally) that you can find some help. It's doubtful that it's an indication of a more serious condition, but I'm not a doctor. Anyway, again, remember.....if it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger.

@Bayonnebedbug- Very disappointing to read that you are still dealing with bbs. for far too long. I see you've posted not infrequently, and I read only a little from one of your later posts where you asked a number of bb related questions.

RE:

what about the biggest question I have dehydration, since they don't exactly drink Gatorade they drink blood my blood our blood to stay hydrated would most bed bugs of not all die from dehydration before the 550 days

I never used DE during my infestation but I believe over a few weeks it causes the bugs protective shell to corrode which would lead to dehydration and death....but don't take my word for the science.

When my pco told me it was illegal for him to spray my old wood floors he suggested that I make a heavier than usual solution of Murphy's Oil Soap and water and slosh it heavily on every inch of my floors and into the base board crevices. It was hard work, moving the furniture ect. and I did it three times over a month and a half. My infestation was resolved in approx three months, likely a bit less.
    I can't say if the Murphy's treatment helped since it was done in conjunction with my pco's chemical treatments, but the situation was remediated and my bugs are history. Here's wishing the same for U.

9. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 13:21:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi
    I also suffering from this. Whenever I would mention it to my family member who live here they have always been dismissive of it when the bites appeared a day or so later in the spot I had indicate being very itchy )a day or so earlier) I was always told by my wife that I "mentally" created the bites to appear.
    Thank you
    Now I know I'm not "mentally creating bites"
    Seems my reaction then is the same as yours and your son. Feeling very itchy in a couple of spots then see nothing at that moment and a day later the raised marks appear.

Thanks rob

10. 907momma

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 13:29:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Not crazy or "making your own" spots, my boy and I feel your.... Itchiness!

11. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 31 2013 13:33:56
    #

Login to Send PM

907momma
    Just take care of yourself and especially your son

Take care
    Robert

12. MidnightSnack

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 16 2013 17:40:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand entirely too well. This is my second go round....years apart, totally different places. I thought it was bad the first time but ha...that was mild and at least I had a landlord then who actually listened (after he saw the hundreds of bites and scabs on me, that is) and took care of it. I lived there another 2 years without another problem. I moved in with a friend a little over a year ago because we both were in financially difficult situations and it was a good solution. A few months ago, her son came to stay for a couple of weeks....just long enough to drop off a few "friends" and then he moved on to spread the joy elsewhere.

When the bites started, we both assumed they were mosquito bites...at first. I soon began becoming terrified that they were BBs but there were no signs of them anywhere and there didn't seem to be a pattern to the bites. When I finally mentioned this possibility to my friend, she was in complete denial although the bites were becoming more and more numerous, particularly on me. I have fairly quick and quite severe reactions; hers are fewer and nowhere near as noticeable or itchy as mine. Her kids show no reaction whatsoever. By the time someone found one crawling on them one day, it had been 3 months and they were settled in.

My friend owns her residence and neither of us have anywhere near the kind of money it takes to win this battle. There is no landlord to the rescue, or anyone else for that matter. I am by far the most affected and therefore, pretty much the only one who makes ANY effort to at least fend them off with vacuuming, 91% isopropyl alcohol and DE. It DOES help for a short period of time but because some people in this household don't have reactions, they don't care about it and it almost makes it pointless.

At this point, there is most definitely an infestation. When I had them the first time, I found one bug and one casing and never saw any other evidence other than my skin. I couldn't begin to count the number that we see here and they are not shy. Time of day doesn't matter...awake or asleep is not an issue...in every room. I found one in a bowl in the kitchen cabinet yesterday and spent 3 hours doing my spray/vacuum/sprinkle routine today...where I saw at least 15.

I cry about this, but mostly to myself since this isn't something we want anyone to know about. My mom knows because I won't let her or my kids come here...and I don't feel comfortable going there because when you are finding them crawling around inside the clothes that you are wearing...well, the chances of carrying them somewhere else is something I can't live with, so I just don't go anywhere but work. Since I woke up this morning, I have 27 new bites that have appeared, including 3 on my face. I am covered in bites, scabs and hundreds of little purplish scars. I won't wear shorts or anything that shows my horrible looking legs ...not so good for anything "romantic" either.

I am feeling more and more desperate but what do you do when you cannot afford a PCO? I don't mean it would be a burden or things would be tight...it's simply not in the range of possibility. I really don't know what to do...they certainly aren't going to just go away and I don't know how much longer I can take it. I don't know which is getting worse faster, anxiety or depression. I am constantly brushing imaginary (or maybe not) crawly things off of me and sleeping is a challenge. I cannot afford to move and am already considering sorting through what little I own and throwing away as much as possible. There is a LOT of stuff in this house and it breaks my heart to think of getting rid of the hundreds of books that I have, not to mention CDs and movies...but I already find BBs in the oddest of places and that leaves a lot of hiding space. I am 38 years old and not in a good financial place to start all over with nothing...and don't even know where that would be because I can't afford to live by myself due to debts that I am not given an option on whether to pay or not. That's why I was here to begin with.

Going on about 8 months this time around and I seriously feel like my sanity is slipping.

13. cazzap06

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 16 2013 18:37:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Midnightsnack , your story makes me want to cry , seriously - I can't believe it as in you are actually doing so WELL

YOU are fighting this alone it seems & I know the feeling although I am soon to have some help from social services but NO help whatsoever from the council PCO

I only found 1 this time and although there is lack of evidence which is why the PCO is refusing to re-treat at least I must say of course I am GLAD I don't have loads of them everywhere as that would freak me out to distraction

I am already nervous about starting to pack away all my stuff next week coz who's to know WHAT or 'how many' if any I will find amongst all my belongings most of which are in cardboard boxes which bed bugs apparently love , great , only good thing would be @ least if I found ONE or two I could get them properly ID'd which would help my court case too as I would have 'proof' but am still not thrilled at the prospect of even finding any proof as the bugs themselves freak me out even though the one I found wasn't moving

If there is alot of stuff in your property I would say start packing it away in sturdy large plastic boxes & then when you can get some Nuvan or Hot Shot pest strips to pop in the boxes to treat the items

The good thing about that is the clutter is cleared and it leaves more space for you to get on with your own sprayings..

What chemicals or sprays have you tried??

I am experimenting with different chemical treatments to see which is the most effective along with DE

Get as much stuff as you can put away or bagged up & am no expert but the large strips can be used in UNOCCUPIED rooms , which would include if you went away for a few days I presume??

I find my mood goes DIRECTLY with how many bites I get , if I see just one or two bites that is a ''normal'' day I suppose but when it got bad & I got 30ish bites that set me off into a depression which I already had and still have but it goes in direct correlation with how 'on top of things' I am in the battle or if I am slowly getting things under control on the path to complete eradication one day!

( I just started itching a minute ago and found a few fresh bites on my breast area , which does lower my mood for sure , but am off to do another DE dusting and spraying with a mask , then gonna relax & watch The Infidel to try and laugh & keep me sane! )

Good luck with your battle , step by step is the way to go but I absolutely wish you all the best and hope you find a way to hit the majority of them on the head so it lowers the infestation big time!!! xx

14. MidnightSnack

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 16 2013 19:39:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I found two more bites about 10 minutes ago...collar bone, lol. I have to try to put on enough of an act to get through the day to day...starting to get a lot of tension headaches though - not helping!

I haven't tried any kind of chemicals other than the alcohol...I do the best I can with that and the DE, but there are a lot of areas that are not very accessible because of furniture or other people's stuff - I am only one of 4 here and nobody else is concerned since they don't have the severe reactions that I do. Drives me nuts and makes me REALLY willing to throw away a 14 year friendship and get out of here...but I can't even afford to, lol - if I didn't always want to cry I would have to laugh.

I plan on trying to start gathering bags and totes and so on...I have very little expendable income so that will be a slow process, but at least I will be doing something a little at a time instead of nothing at all. I sometimes think I need a xanax or a noose and not always sure which LOL. (Not really going to kill myself but don't think the whisper of the thought has never tried to creep in when I'm scratching my skin off)

15. cazzap06

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 16 2013 19:47:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I understand , my mental health slowly deteriorated over the months and lack of sleep did not help...

Decided to make my HEALTH my priority , the bugs my 2ND priority and feeling a wee bit stronger now after concentrating on my own health more than the bugs taking over & being my priority

I am the priority , not them , so I make sure I get enough rest and try and eat well , converse and socialise , all the while knowing what the next step is and what my plan is to do next which helps

I hope you get some good advice on here as there is good practical help and support and coming on here has helped me get through many a bad day / night! x

16. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 16 2013 20:00:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi midnight snack
    Hang In there. I know your pain believe me.
    I also have heard the "whispers" of finishing myself off also.

Me I hate the fact these bugs feed from me hence I allow them to live. But yet I feel like a failure when the "whispers" cross my mind. I feed the things (bed bugs) I hate the most.

me tonight wife is away and I will sleep alone. I'm 43 years old and afraid to even get on the bed. I sit on a plastic stool while in the infested room rather then lay out on the bed.

Do me a favor midnight snack. Hang In there. YOU ARE NOT ALONE

PM me if you need to vent or talk it will help.

Take care of yourself.

Rob

17. Bayonnebedbug

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 16 2013 20:16:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi midnight snack
    Just as an after thought.
    Bedlam Plus. Is is a newer version of bedlam I contacted "do your own pest control"
    I was informed it was a contact killer plus had a residual killing agent that was effective for 2 weeks after spraying. I have seen it being sold for under $20 buck on amazon.

Maybe might help a little.
    It does have residual (2)week killing strength. Of course the bugs have to cross it.

Please note not promoting product just passing on some info I came across.

Take care
    Rob

18. MidnightSnack

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sat Feb 16 2013 20:37:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Heeey, I'm on a roll. Another 3 bites showed themselves when I stepped out of the shower...that's 31 so far for the day.

I'm getting ready to run out for a minute...and thank you Rob. I will definitely look that up!

19. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 17 2013 12:23:47
    #

Login to Send PM

MidnightSnack and BayonneBedbug,

You both made reference in your posts above to having had thoughts of suicide.

The forum has a policy that discussion threads where people are talking about suicide will be closed (please see forum rules and below) and readers directed to the resources in this thread.

If anyone is feeling suicidal or even very anxious, at any time, there is help out there. There are resources here including phone numbers you can call.

Sorry but I do need to close this thread. I hope the policy below helps you understand why.

I encourage you to open a new thread to discuss your bed bug situations. (People following this can click your user title ["newbite," "junior member," etc.] to find your other discussion threads.)

Policy on suicide discussions, and threats to self or others

The site's policy is that posts where users are talking about suicide will be closed and the user referred to professional help and other resources. If you encounter such a post, please refer the user (and post a link) to the Green Sticky, "If you are feeling suicidal or anxious..." and click the "Report this Post" link under the post to alert the admin and moderator so the thread can be closed. Please do not try and counsel people in this position.

While wanting to write encouraging words to someone in these circumstances is admirable, unfortunately, it can also delay their getting professional help. Moreover, there have been incidents elsewhere on the internet where some readers posted hurtful comments in response to such a post, and this can be very hurtful to someone in a sensitive state. We aren't equipped to offer professional counseling, and anyone who is thinking of harming themselves or others needs to seek help immediately by speaking to an appropriate health professional, going to a hospital Emergency Room (Casualty) or calling emergency services.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991