Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Any way at all to protect CPAP in hotel?

(7 posts)
  1. friedpasta

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Apr 28 2013 21:08:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Has anyone who uses a C-pap ever figured out a way to protect the machine and equipment overnight in a hotel or such place? I know about inspection, keeping it bagged during the day, etc., but really, all it takes is one lone bedbug in a room at night to get into anything and off you go back home. We are traveling next week and spouse is waffling about taking the cpap because doesn't want to deal with it and bedbug possibilities - but he needs it, and I don't want to deal with the snoring without it, lol. But I will be completely paranoid about bringing something back with it.

If anyone has done any traveling with one, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Really, the whole bedbug thing has taken a lot of the pleasure out of traveling. It's such an effort and time-consuming to stay vigilant there and afterward, because even if you take time to inspect a room, who knows what you've missed when those headboards and pictures don't come off the wall or you can't see into a crevice. I work in a public building and we've already had bedbug issues (one went zooming across a file folder on the desk just last week), so I'm well-aware. It's not even the bedbugs themselves that freak me out - it's the cost involved to get rid of them which would be difficult for us and the nightmare preparation beforehand. I feel there is some control over your clothing and luggage, but I don't want to risk bringing a stray home in a cpap machine.

2. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 29 2013 8:38:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I'm a CPAP user too (from 2005) because I suffer from Pickwick Sindrome.
    In my opinion a CPAP is not that interesting for a BB to hide in. It's made of smooth plastic and becomes a little bit too hot when it's working. In any case you can simply buy a little plastic vessel to put under the CPAP when you place it on the night stand.

3. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Mon Apr 29 2013 19:16:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I wondered about that

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  4. friedpasta

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 30 2013 14:47:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Still haven't figured out what to do, they could still crawl down the hose into the machine even if it's sitting on a container. I'm seriously thinking of enclosing and tying it as best as possible in the leg of a pair of old pantyhose! Going to test that out tonight, lol. Sounds silly and not ideal but the alternative is worse!

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Tue Apr 30 2013 15:03:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you check the room and its clear then there is no need to worry about the machine.

Its one of those problems where solving something more fundamental rules it out as an issue.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  6. yassine

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Mar 25 2019 3:52:17
    #

Login to Send PM

why you don't use alternative cpap mask like strip nasal and winx ...

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Mon Mar 25 2019 9:16:56
    #

Login to Send PM

"These messages brought to you by the lawfirm of Strip, Nasal and Winx."

It's a five year old thread, I wouldn't expect much action. As noted, a CPAP machine is not the most inviting environment.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo