Any success stories using Aprehend?

(4 posts)
  1. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 31 2018 13:26:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Suffering from bed bugs. I have an exterminator that has treated multiple times with temprid fx. Thinking of switching exterminator and using Aprehend? Was curious if anyone has used Aprehend and what was your experience?

2. pinheadbites

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 13 2018 22:06:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I am just as curious as you are in regard to whether anyone has used Aprehend (in combination with CimeXa or anything else) and has had successful results.

3. blainsbrains

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Aug 20 2018 19:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I have not used apprehend but have used a similar pesticide intended for botanical use. That's a hint at the name BTW.

I violated the bedbug prime directive and withdrew twice from sleeping rooms. From couch (I like sleeping there in when it gets cold- I live in New England) to bedroom to my "Pusan Peninsula" in the back room of the apartment.

3 rooms were infested and looked like you'd expect from an evacuation area. I went into the living room to spray and was bitten in the course of turning things over and spraying them. I cursed at the M-F'er and told him he'd pay for that.

I treated 3 rooms that day I KNOW were infested. I went back into the living room a few months later and literally tore everything apart. Pulled the cushions off the couch, sprayed behind it, all blankets and pillows left behind. I spent 2 hours and dumped 1/2 gal of the stuff. In the course of my genocidal rage I suffered no bites and I did not find even ONE bedbug. The idea is that if there were any hiding, I'd certainly get them on the "grand tour".

I really haven't had much time to spend hunting them down, but I bought 3 things I was intending to use as a shotgun approach.

1) Botanical spores- expensive (~ $80 quart) but 2 tsp mixes with 1/2 gal of filtered water and treats an entire room top to bottom.
    2) IMHO should be paired with a CO2 generator in unoccupied rooms to help draw them out into spore laden ares.
    3) EcoRaider- inexpensive and pretty benign to higher life forms.
    4) DE- an almost invisible dusting is what you need to put down.

Long story short, I've only had the bandwidth to use #1 when technically I should have used all 4. I have yet to see any more bite nor bugs. Diligence and reapplication is crucial and best to use a multi-faceted approach like I'd planned but not yet implemented.

4. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Sun Oct 7 2018 17:09:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Looking for others that have tried Aprehend?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg