Any PCO's in Minnesota

(2 posts)
  1. mbpriest

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jan 24 2008 8:30:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Can anybody recommend a PCO in Minnesota? I returned from vacation in FL to find that BB's had hitched a ride. I vacuumed like mad and washed a bunch of clothes. Found some dead bugs in the mattress pad. I was bitten 4 times last night. This started 4 days ago. Can I clean up really well and get rid of this on my own? Should I get a PCO? I own this townhouse. Should I tell my neighbors or the association? Someone please help.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Jan 24 2008 16:18:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Usually people need to tell attached neighbors/associations. If you had only had them for four days, had seen proof on the trip, and came home to find a bug or two, then you might not need to. But finding multiple dead bugs in a mattress pad suggests they may have been around before the trip.

How many bites have you had in four days? Bed bugs bite about once a week. How many bugs have you seen? If you found multiple dead bugs, I would not try to deal with this via laundry, and I would not assume you did not already have bed bugs at home. There are probably more and they don't just live in bed linens.

Since people can be bitten for months without reacting to bites, even if you have now had itchy bite marks (have you?) I would NOT assume you did not have them already. You could have had them and had no sign.

There was a MN company listed here:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/thermal-chamber-treatment

However, they apparently do thermal treatment. It can be very effective.
    Maybe others will have PCO suggestions.

Caveat: if you did have them before (or might have) they may be coming from the neighbors, who need a professional inspection. Up to 50% of people don't react to the bites and may have no idea they have them.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,909 posts in 50,061 topics over 155 months by 21,885 of 22,373 members. Latest: Delusionalparasitosis, kslone1006, Hex999