(13 posts)
  1. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Tue Oct 23 2012 10:41:36
    #

Login to Send PM

P Bello - 1 month ago  » 
    With bed bugs there are NO shortcuts and, with the exception of some new products/technologies that may be launched this October, there is really "nothing new under the sun" that comes close to being "the bed bug silver bullet" like the old chemistries (organochlorines organophosphate type chemicals) were many years ago.
    Hope this helps ! paul b.

Was wondering if that new product/technology hinted about last month is any closer to coming to "fight the fight"?!

2. bedbuganxiety

Account Closed

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 24 2012 10:12:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Would like to know as well. Also, would be interesting to know whatever happened in the Passive+ development. Not seeing 2012 any easier than 2011 in the fight against bed bugs....or at least doesn't seem easier by reading all the stories from those posting on here in their fight against these horrible pests.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 24 2012 10:33:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

With regards Passive+ we found it only worked significantly better than the current technology when we used it as part of our green service so have currently restricted it to internal use.

However following a presentation at PestWorld in Boston I am confident that academic knowledge on the role of signalling compounds for bedbugs is making leaps forward and that integrating this into the Passive Monitor will enhance the results further.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly declare my vested interest in this technology as the inventor.

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Wed Oct 24 2012 14:26:38
    #

Login to Send PM

In case it helps jog the memories of those present, I think the post Absolutely Freaking shared above came from the thread about the Bed Bug Summit back in August.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Oct 26 2012 7:39:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it still tip-top secret?!

6. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 16:26:37
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 23 hours ago  » 
    Its easy to get them into the country, the trick is getting them into the country that is legal for them to be sold / distributed and that includes a private buyer from the US or Ca placing an order internationally.
    The US, Ca and EU all have strict electrical standards, part of which is that it is illegal to sell an electrical item in the EU unless it is CE marked, the fine is £5,000 GBP per unit and there are similar rules in place for the US and Ca.
    As I said you will have to wait till I am next int he US to know if the solution we have worked out does in fact work but I will let you know if it does.
    The simpler solution would be for the Italian to wake up from siesta and "sort it out". To which end you could all track down Polti USA and ask them politely to get a move on (I was promised a US ready version for Oct 2012).
    David

AH HA!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen: Is this just one more piece to the "mystery new product/technology" puzzle that we were teased with and which was alluded to waaay back in August -- which said veiled promises kept us up at night with insatiable anticipation in our quest for knowledge?!?!

or

Is it the climax and answer to our new product/technology inquiry where we can all sleep at night knowing that product/technology help is on the way?!

or

Is it just a red herring that leaves us in that un-satisfied, never-ending state of anticipation?!?!

Inquiring minds want to know! - - - David Cain, Paul Bello, EffeCi, Anyone?!?!

7. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 17:35:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmmm . . .

How can say this . . . let's try it this way;

If there were some really, really, really, really, really great game changer type thing that was ready to go to help fight the great bed bug war, simply stated, we'd all know it and we'd all be talking/posting about it.

Now, this doesn't mean that there are no prospective development projects underway however, these things can't be disclosed/discussed.

So, stay tuned.

In the meanwhile, we need to fight the good fight with what we have available to us now and learn to be successful with the cards we're dealt to play the hand with.

Hope this helps but I fear I've only stirred the proverbial soup.

Have a nice day ! paul b.

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 18:33:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sometimes we have to take the best information we have been given and base the judgement call on that. We were promised something for the colonies around Oct 2012. That has been and passed.

I am currently working on a way around the prohibition order but you will need to wait til I am on US soil to know if it will work. The only way to speed that up is to get me booked on a flight next week and splash a little cash on the components I need for testing.

Sorry you are at the bleeding edge of technology here (yes that the one ahead of the cutting edge).

David

9. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 18:49:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi

A few days before Xmas, I was "striked" by a new great idea while sitting on my "porcelain chair" in my "ceramic office"...
    Actually I'm working on that. Stay tuned.

10. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 19:04:55
    #

Login to Send PM

EffeCi,

The oval office as they like to call it in the colonies.

David

11. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 19:06:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok, reading between the lines to both PB’s and DC’s responses (which does have the tendency to get me in trouble) but it's really more like I’m just trying to interpret said responses (sometimes you have to use really small words with me)

@PB: What I “hear” in your post is that the import of EffeCi’s wand/steamer is not the product/technology you so teasingly hinted at some four months ago that whipped us into a state of heightened frenzied anticipation. But I further "hear" that there is still possibly something out there in the works and that we should stand by in the above-mentioned state of anticipation?! To that, Sir, I say . . . you are a tease!

@DC: What I “hear” in your post is that you need someplace to stay when you are in the US to test your product which said place should have homemade pecan pie and a stock of banana moon pies?! (Which we all know you can't find in NYC)

(Seriously to both of you . . . not trying to get you to disclose any double top secret information! I have every confidence in both of you that as soon as ANY possible silver bullet, or any new useful product, is discovered you both will be shouting it from the rooftops!)

@EffeCi: I saw where you hinted previously about a new idea you just came up with . . . hurry please!!!!!

Thank you all!!!!!

12. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 19:26:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Effici, some of the best ideas are born in the oval office !

But, please be careful, don's strain and don't heru yourself ! ! !

Heightened what? My dear you've cut me to the kwik.

Yes, there are development projects going on beyond he curtain however, we can not confirm nor deny rumors or speculation at this point.

And, before security wisks me from the building, that's all I can say at this point in time.

You will simply have to koolyerjets for now.

Hope this, uh, helps ? paul b.

13. EffeCi

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Thu Jan 3 2013 19:34:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Effici, some of the best ideas are born in the oval office !

Yeah, I know, it's not the first time it happens...

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,409 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams