Any advice out there?

(5 posts)
  1. megsays

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Jul 11 2009 9:26:13
    #

Login to Send PM

About a month ago I woke up with one bit on my right arm. i figured it was just a misquito bite because I had been outside the night before but then two nights later I woke up with 4 bites on my left arm. I was convinced something was up so I googled it and it came up to be bed bugs. I read that you needed to clean and wash everything in hot water. I washed my sheets and bedding in hot water and for about a month now I haven't had any bites, until this morning when I woke up. I bent down to scratch my leg and saw about 8 bites on my left leg and 1 on my right.

I can't find ANY evidence of bed bugs. No bugs, no fecal matter/spots, and no skin sheddings. I've looked in the crevices of my mattress and in the bed frame. Everywhere it said to look.

I don't know if it's bed bugs and it's really starting to annoy me!

I do let my rat terrier sleep with me, but these don't look like flea bites. I don't know what they are. Perhaps if I take a picture of the bites and post it?

2. DougSummersMS

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Jul 11 2009 10:53:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Check your dog with a flea comb.

It is hard to determine the source of the bite from a picture of skin eruptions.

Experienced doctors can narrow it down to an arthropod sometimes, but cannot give a solid opinion about the exact source such as bed bugs.

You might want to consider a K9 inspection or try one of the inexpensive passive monitoring systems like BB Alert or Climb Up Interceptor to see if you can capture a specimen.

3. lisaking

newbite

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 6 2010 0:14:29
    #

Login to Send PM

The same sort of thing is happening to me any luck figuring out what it was?

4. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 6 2010 0:21:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi LisaKing...

Sorry that you had to join here but welcome, anyway.

You said something similar was happening to you. You have some type of skin reaction but you don't see any bugs or insects?

Perhaps if you gave us a bit more information about your particular case, we might be able to respond in a way that will be helpful to you. And while you're waiting for a response, you can look on top of the main page for the forum where the green "sticky" subects are and start to read about bbs, how to prepare for treatment, different types of treatment, etc.

If you want to send photographs of your skin reaction we can take a look but you can't really make a decision about what you have infesting your place (if anything) by only looking at a skin reaction.

Thanks and good luck

5. DeedleBeetle

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Tue Jul 6 2010 0:23:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, read the reply of DougSummersMS above for information about how to try to use a monitoring system. And, you may want to have one of those bedbug sniffing dogs come in and look around.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,217 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,415 members. Latest: Cain69, Bery10, plsnopls