Anxiety help. It gets better people!!

(8 posts)
  1. lalmaroad

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu May 30 2019 14:58:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone
    Since my whole bed bug ordeal my anxiety has been through the roof. I have had problems with depression and anxiety before bed bugs but they have taken it to a new level with me and I know I'm not alone. For me the almost crippling anxiety is worse than the actual bugs though at the same time they are intriguing to me to say the least. My anxiety has been better this spring and I will share some of the things that have helped me ease my overthinking, always focused on bed bug brain to calm the heck down.
    Being outdoors. Most of my hobbies take me out of my home and thus away from constant thoughts of the devils. I kayak, hike, camp, I love to go birding for those warblers and I adore going Geocaching. If you have never heard of geocaching I strongly recommend you look into it. It's a lot of fun. All these things gets me out in God's creation. The woods are a source of solace for me. And on the plus, no bbs in the woods!
    I was gardening yesterday and I thought " I think it's been a bit since I thought about bed bugs!"
     With my family, this forum, the few experts on here that I have actually conversed with, (Poor Mr. Cain, bless him and his patience) the highly informative threads and my packtite passive monitors    have eased my anxiety greatly. I really hope to post a success story!

Point being, bed bugs can easily take over my life. It's a daily battle anxiety wise.I don not want my headstone to read "Lanisa, she spent her last days searching for bed bugs"I am doing better. Feeling better. I have the support IF I choose to listen and act on it.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
  2. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 31 2019 14:40:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for that post and your advices !!!However in my case it’s easy said than done ,
    Iam still battling my anxiety...I haven’t seen anything but I can’t help to constantly checking on my body ..and I drive myself crazy .
    Keep my weekly routine and clothes from dresser are still in bags ..It would take a lot of courage to actually take them out and go back to normality.Not ready yet ..In July would me one year since I had discovered them so maybe ????
    For now Iam too scared to make any changes ..if I don’t have to I will leave some things in a bags for a long time .

3. lalmaroad

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 31 2019 15:41:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Iwantmylifeback - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you for that post and your advices !!!However in my case it’s easy said than done ,
    Iam still battling my anxiety...I haven’t seen anything but I can’t help to constantly checking on my body ..and I drive myself crazy .
    Keep my weekly routine and clothes from dresser are still in bags ..It would take a lot of courage to actually take them out and go back to normality.Not ready yet ..In July would me one year since I had discovered them so maybe ????
    For now Iam too scared to make any changes ..if I don’t have to I will leave some things in a bags for a long time .

So sorry. The fear is just overwhelming at times. When was the last time you actually spotted evidence? Live bug, fresh fecal,skins,eggs?
    It's been 2 and a half weeks since I caught that bed bug in my daughter's room. It was an unfed nymph and it was on the baseboard during the day walking around. No bites and it obviously hadn't fed so I am hopeful it was the lone hitchhiker. Monitors in my entire house remain clear. 5 on beds and 3 on couch and chairs. Couch always has someone on it. I have a big family. I know if monitors remain clear for 2 weeks you are clear of bb but I will go much longer until I declare myself clear. I am trying my hardest to take it one day at a time, do weekly checks of the bed and area along with checking my monitors. I am sick of the fear. I agree, it is easier said than done but just wanted to share what helped me. It doesn't mean that would work for you. You have to find your own outlet. 🤗

4. TheWalkingBedbug

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 31 2019 22:36:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I wish i could think positive, i suffer major ptsd from bed bug infestation 15 years ago at an apartment complex I used to love living in, we had to throw away so many things that i still miss, and had to move and bought a house. Ive never been happy since, always in fear or what would happen if we got bed bugs in our house, it would be impossible to get rid of, no one in my family ever understood how bad it got for me, i was only 15 yrs old at the time. Its still so traumatizing for me, i cant go to any apartment complex without wondering and fearing that they might be infested, can’t go to a public laundromat, can’t go to hotels, i only airbnb and even then my anxiety is so bad constantly checking the beds.
    On top of all of this, two years ago i was bitten by a deer tick, thankfully i caught it right on time and didn’t have Lyme. This was just on my house porch. So then it all created another major fear for me, i dont dare walk on grass, or woods, i fear grass, i get anxiety when i see people chilling and lying on grass, i cant with this anymore 😣 nobody around me understands how difficult this is for me and how just saying “its all in your head, you’re exaggerating” doesn’t stop me from being so scared or makes it any better. This isn’t living, im just in survival mode , always in fear. All i can think that would fix this, is if i lost my memory 😞

5. slayer

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jun 1 2019 11:24:47
    #

Login to Send PM

TheWalkingBedbug, I'm really sorry to read how much this has affected you! Have you talked to a mental health professional about your ptsd/phobia? A good psychologist can create a treatment plan to help you control and manage your fear so that it isn't affecting your life this way. Sounds like no way to live!

6. Iwantmylifeback

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jun 1 2019 11:53:36
    #

Login to Send PM

TheWalkingBedbug ...Oh How I understand you very well!!!!, .I have developed also fear of hugging people ,I have stopped sitting in the subway ,I am always checking (in the bus ,in the restaurant,I have limited myself going to the movie theater)
    My family also things Iam exaggerating to the extreme but I cannot help it .I want my life back I said but I know now my life would never be the same since .I strongly believe they are out there ,everywhere ..some people are just lucky not to get them or they got them (have no reaction and see them where the situation gets out of hand and bb are visible everywhere .I think that is what had happened in our case .bc my reaction is not severe (small cuts like and than crust on it )red scratches and streaks (on my ankles and legs before I had thought I cut myself when shaving )and my partner no reaction at all .
    So for now it’s been almost a year since I discovered them ,haven’t seen anything since January (2 small dead ones in my dresser in the bedroom where I have originally found them )had 2 professional treatments ,use Cimexa inside the dresser ,bags ,interceptors ,encasment And sprayers by myself etc.Lately I placed 2 passive monitors on my bed (they are clear ) but Iam aware of every changes (bite)on my body .I vacuum extensively once a week (it’s a good habit actually:-)Do the weekly laundry bedding and such ,and stay vigilant .To the rest of my life I guess. Iam afraid to visit my closed relatives and it’s the worst .Maybe one day but Iam not ready anytime soon . ..The only positive thing is that I got rid of unnecessary stuff in my house .

7. Postpartum and Panicking

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 10:42:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much for posting this! I am struggling so much with my anxiety and it’s actually caused me to slip back into depression. We just had a baby and she seems to be getting the bites too. I am having trouble sleeping 😩 and am so tired. Talking with my therapist has helped but what would help more is getting rid of the bugs for good!! We had one PCO out and two treatments but I am still bitten on the daily basis. It’s so frustrating. Good luck to you all- I appreciate the virtual support ❤️

8. lalmaroad

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 14:42:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Postpartum and Panicking - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thanks so much for posting this! I am struggling so much with my anxiety and it’s actually caused me to slip back into depression. We just had a baby and she seems to be getting the bites too. I am having trouble sleeping 😩 and am so tired. Talking with my therapist has helped but what would help more is getting rid of the bugs for good!! We had one PCO out and two treatments but I am still bitten on the daily basis. It’s so frustrating. Good luck to you all- I appreciate the virtual support ❤️

I'm so sorry you are still battling them. Mine started in early January and I battled them for three months. Always just a bug would pop up every few weeks after I pitched the ground zero boxspring. Then 2 months of nothing. Searching for hours every day was getting to me and taking a toll on my sanity. My husband actually said I may need to see a therapist. 8 weeks to the day of no activity of any kind I find that lone very unfed nymph. It never made it into my daughter's bed. Reintroduced is what I was told. A few days later my husband slept on the couch and woke up with 9 bites on his arms. He is a grounds supervisor for a university and was working past dark in the landscaping and told me he did get bit by a biting fly too. He also thought it was the couch. I was sick and shaking. I searched for days in that couch. I slept over a week and nothing. Passive monitors in all locations of my home remain clean. I am pretty positive his bites were not bed bugs but my mind will not stop dwelling on it. Today I noticed 2 bumps on my arm. I got all sick again but I knew I was digging around in a bunch of hydrangea shrubs for a while last night. I even had a welt cone up while I was messing with them. My skin is sensitive. I put hydrocortisone on those bumps and now they look a pin prick. Like a stab from a shrub. I got plenty last night. Have to convince myself to calm down because I knew what it was and I also know bed bug bites bruise and itch horribly on me and last for weeks these went away within an hour. I still fight my anxiety. I scrutinize every little bump in my mind on my goes to bed bugs. It does get better. While you're in the throes of but it is so hard to keep your head above the water. When you're in the midst of it you think you have bed bugs forever sometimes I still think that. But it doesn't get better it has gotten better for me I'm just wanting to take it one day at a time I sometimes one hour at a time.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,690 posts in 49,530 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982