Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Anxiety backsliding...still can't confirm yes or no

(3 posts)
  1. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Nov 20 2018 13:34:43
    #

Login to Send PM

So...I still haven't found a bug. Nothing that acts like a fecal stain. Everytime I start thinking I am in the clear...I start to itch and slip back a bit. I am in the process of looking for a PCO (and convincing my husband that even if I am nutty this will be worth our while) I just seem to be reading so many conflicting things. My logic would dictate that if the itchy places I have...that each usually pop up to 10 to 15 little dots when I scratch were truly multiple spots where a number of bugs bit me that I would notice some sort of sign but, then there are the folks who claim they had no idea and just woke up to a full blown out of control infestation. I am just having a hard time reconciling all of the information. One good bit of news...my family friends who had bugs and were my exposure site/ started causing this manic searching claim to have not seen hide nor hair of critters in 3 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

2. SalsaVince

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Nov 20 2018 14:27:02
    #

Login to Send PM

VeryScared2FindOut - 45 minutes ago  » 
    I just seem to be reading so many conflicting things.

As BigDummy has said, Head Bugs are even worse than Bed Bugs. You reach a point where reading up on them is no longer educating you, it's just feeding an obsession. Once you form an educated plan on how to monitor/treat them, you've got to just stick with it for a while and get back to living. If things aren't better after several weeks, maybe you can make adjustments to see if it works better. If you're not seeing them during any inspections and in traps, you've got to accept the evidence logically. If they're there, there can't be many of them and they must be struggling to survive. I kindly urge you, Stay away from the internet!

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
    Not an expert. Just a survivor who's still learning.
    Vince
  3. VeryScared2FindOut

Posted 10 months ago
    Tue Nov 20 2018 14:51:19
    #

Login to Send PM

SalsaVince you are the voice of reason. Yes...I have over read and over thought....that is the hard part...the thinking part of the brain says one thing but, the anxious part of the brain just keeps nagging. The joys of being a worrier! As always...I do appreciate the place to vent and the words of wisdom.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,683 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982