Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Anxiety about bed bugs

(9 posts)
  1. HelpmeOut122

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 8 2019 19:12:52
    #

Login to Send PM

So I posted before and I found out that bug was not a bed bug, but now my worries are worse.
    An older sibling of mine says he found a clear bug that when squished had a small red smear come out of it and we both know it's a bed bug. It's awful, and I freaked again because I'm just on edge about them. I already have anxiety and depression, but now whenever I think of leaving my apartment I fear spreading bed bugs to those I hang out with. At my lowest I was in such an extreme depression that I had to immediately book a counseling appointment and cried out of stress and where my mind had gone.

I haven't gotten any bites (I'm allergic so I would know) but now I am paranoid. I am hoping to god it was just a straggler but we're already looking into another treatment of our apartment if we find any others. I think I just need a place where people won't judge me or my family since my grandmother really honest to god did not mean for this to happen when accepting a bed sheet from a friend.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 8 2019 19:59:54
    #

Login to Send PM

What you found could have easily been a mite, a psocid or any other small creature, most home id's are crap even when not stressed.
    Book another session with the doc and be honest about your fears.

3. HelpmeOut122

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jul 15 2019 20:16:48
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 week ago  » 
    What you found could have easily been a mite, a psocid or any other small creature, most home id's are crap even when not stressed.
    Book another session with the doc and be honest about your fears.

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it. I'm a bit more clear headed now, and he has still been getting bites. I have opted to remain covered up for the time being to avoid reactions and am talking to a counselor about everything again. For now, I just know the main infestation is definitely gone because we've had people come and check it out, and they said as long as we keep track of cleaning and observing, we'll be fine.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 16 2019 0:17:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear you're doing better. Just check the bed once a week for a few more weeks until you feel more confident, no need to stress over something that isn't there. Proving a negative can be annoying.

5. Exhausted47

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 17 2019 8:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Newbite- please know you’re not the only one who lives in this fear. Over the past 5 years I have had 3 scares with the vile creatures. I’m lucky to have a kind and understanding PCO. My husband travels almost 3 weeks a month. I do not allow anything in the house afterwards and after finding a live one on my purse a few weeks ago, have been living like an insane person. I wish we could all be more open about these horrid monsters, but not sure how. I’ve found reading posts on here somewhat reassuring that I am not alone. Please continue counseling. I believe I am going to try it myself, as I feel the same. I don’t want to leave my home or travel anymore. Just do your best and try not to over do it. Try to do something you enjoy daily and get your mind off of it as much as possible. Wish we could find a way to eradicate these things from the face of the earth!!

6. Somad

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 17 2019 11:01:12
    #

Login to Send PM

I am at the same stage. I am so afraid to go out thinking that I am going to infect other people. My son needs to go to school activities during summer. What should I do. I cannot tell everyone that we have bedbugs now. I am so scared. I already lost 30bls. I cannot eat as usual. I don't know how long I can live like these. I already used tempo ultra Sc, Temprid Fx, Crossfire, Spectrum Sc, BotaniGard 22wp. I also bought Aprehend. I haven't start using Aprehend yet. Really afraid if this last straw doesn't work, what I should do. After applying Aprehend you cannot use insecticides any more for 3 months. If you apply insecticides over Aprehend. The spores will die. I also used Cimexa. I found on 1 first instar on my sweater in January. I pressed it ,it just turn into a streak of blood. Some fical stains on the slat of my bed. One shell maybe the last stage of nypmh. Other than that I see nothing. I am in a single family home. Not attached with any neighbor. I am still getting bites around neck every 3-5 days. The bites only around the neck because I was wearing long sleeves and long pants to go to sleep. How can such a low level infestation take so long to get rid off. Want to cry now.

7. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 17 2019 11:17:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Somad, what you're describing is not consistent with a bed bug infestation. Can you post some images of what you've found? Please start a new thread and post in there instead of continuing on in this one.
    Red does not mean blood, there are plenty of other insects that are not blood feeders that will have similar coloring when crushed.

8. Somad

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 17 2019 11:33:56
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 15 minutes ago  » 
    Somad, what you're describing is not consistent with a bed bug infestation. Can you post some images of what you've found? Please start a new thread and post in there instead of continuing on in this one.
    Red does not mean blood, there are plenty of other insects that are not blood feeders that will have similar coloring when crushed.

I don't know how to start a new thread? Where should I find it. Thanks

9. Somad

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Jul 17 2019 11:59:13
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 40 minutes ago  » 

I got it. I find the way to start a new thread.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956