Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

Ant Attack

(5 posts)
  1. june123

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jul 28 2018 3:14:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I woke up a couple of times over the last few weeks with a strange rash on my arm. It was small bumps clustered together and improved with hydrocortisone)I was worried it might be bed bugs but upon inspection I found no sign...but I did catch three tiny black ants crawling on me in my bed at night (yes...I know the difference...put them all under a microscope to be sure). I’d found one on me around the time of the last rash, too. Could these be the culprit? If so, how do I get rid of them in a pet safe manner (I have a studio so there is no safe place to move my animals). I’ve already stripped as washed my bed including the mattress cover and pillows and they came back. We also evacuated for a day about two months ago to have exterminators treat the apartment since I had seen ants around but this was a major undertaking with the animals and my work schedule so I’d rather not do it again.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jul 28 2018 10:06:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you post the pictures of your ants?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. june123

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jul 28 2018 14:45:37
    #

Login to Send PM

IMG_1926.HEIC

I am attempting to post a photo

4. june123

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Jul 28 2018 15:00:10
    #

Login to Send PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AXJXzoZbqTdSEGeAA

Had to upload it to google.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 1:27:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Too bad it's behind plastic. Not a stinging species.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams