Unanswered Questions, please help!

(3 posts)
  1. shaywinters

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 29 2012 1:00:10
    #

Login to Send PM

I had my 1st treatment yesterday but the prep team didn't show up like I was told they would. They were supposed to show me what to do and answer questions I had. Since they didn't show, I have NO idea what I do now. Can someone help with questions I had please.

The spray guy said it is a light case because he couldn't find anything, but we did find a couple before being treated that another pest company confirmed was bedbugs. We only found small ones, no adult.

They only sprayed, can that get rid of them?

Shouldn't they have used steam or heat or something?

Will they honestly ever be gone?

Is 1 treatment enough?

I washed everything in hot and dried for an hour. Do I have to wash in hot everytime I wash my clothes or can I wash in cold and dry on hot now?

Do I live out of tied up bags after I wash all our stuff?

Is it safe for my pregnant daughter and cat to be bit and be around after treatment?

Can my cat transport them? Can they live on her?

Does washing in hot water get rid of them out of our clothes?

How can I go out without infesting anyone else? WHat about our purses and shoes?

Do they travel/live in our hair?

Will showering get them off us?

What is the best brand for mattress and boxspring protectors? Do the Walmart ones work?

DO the climbups for the legs really work?

I only have a bagless vacuum, will they infest it?

Can I have had them for a long time and not know it?

Should I have separate clothes for the bedroom and livingroom?

Does diatomaceous earth work and is it safe for pregnant people and cats?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 29 2012 1:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

shaywinters - 5 minutes ago  » 
    I had my 1st treatment yesterday but the prep team didn't show up like I was told they would. They were supposed to show me what to do and answer questions I had. Since they didn't show, I have NO idea what I do now.

There's no one prep protocol which must be followed. Companies want customers to do different things (sometimes nothing at all) in advance of treatment.

If prep was skipped and treatment occurred, then you may not need to prep now. Call the PCO and ask if there's anything you should do.

They only sprayed, can that get rid of them?
    Shouldn't they have used steam or heat or something?
    Will they honestly ever be gone?
    Is 1 treatment enough?

Try to find out what they treated with, then some of the experts may be able to comment. They should have given a list of what was used to the person who hired them, whether that's a homeowner or landlord/management. You should ask to see it if you don't have it.

Everyone doesn't steam. Some PCOs use sprays and dusts alone.

One treatment can sometimes be enough. Other times one or
    more follow-ups is needed. You should get a follow up treatment in 10-14 days if you continue to have bed bugs. Passive monitors may help you determine this.

Some PCOs follow up in 10-14 days once or twice without further evidence. Others come back if you ask.

I washed everything in hot and dried for an hour. Do I have to wash in hot everytime I wash my clothes or can I wash in cold and dry on hot now?
    Do I live out of tied up bags after I wash all our stuff?

Please see the FAQS on getting bed bugs out of your stuff, as these questions are addressed in more detail.

It sounds like the PCO did not seem concerned about you doing this prep, so it may be unnecessary.

If your items are clean, a hot dryer alone will work. You don't need to wash things if they're clean already. If you do wash/dry or dry them, keep them sealed in bags for a while until you're confident bed bugs are gone. That way you won't need to do it again.

I don't have time to answer the rest of these right now but will return tomorrow if no one else has.

Note that some of these questions are addressed in the FAQs.

Is it safe for my pregnant daughter and cat to be bit and be around after treatment?
    Can my cat transport them? Can they live on her?
    Does washing in hot water get rid of them out of our clothes?
    How can I go out without infesting anyone else? WHat about our purses and shoes?
    Do they travel/live in our hair?
    Will showering get them off us?
    What is the best brand for mattress and boxspring protectors? Do the Walmart ones work?
    DO the climbups for the legs really work?
    I only have a bagless vacuum, will they infest it?
    Can I have had them for a long time and not know it?
    Should I have separate clothes for the bedroom and livingroom?
    Does diatomaceous earth work and is it safe for pregnant people and cats?
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Jul 29 2012 9:39:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Please check the FAQs and other informations available within the resouces on this site as many of your questions will be answered therein.

Thanks much ! paul b.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,394 posts in 50,185 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,432 members. Latest: Ladybug1993, PROJECTD168, Kimmmie46